10. Killing Loneliness

Everytime I drank this heavy, I quickly felt asleep. With him, I was awaken than ever.

We entered the coffee shop and there were two clients already. It was 5:10. The place was quite small, besides a lake, very cosy and charming. Ville pointed to a table in the corner. Again, he sat by my side, on the small sofa. Maybe because of the alcohol, he didn't mind getting so close to me, our bodies touching. He wasn't like the typical Finnish person that worried so much about personal space.

"Do you think they are drunk like us?" Ville tried to suppress his mad laugh.

"I'm not drunk."

He gave me a funny look. "I need to borrow your genes. They are way better than mine. I feel very drunk."

I was starving to death. Oh, they had Croque Monsieur. I asked for one with a double coffee. Ville asked for a coffee as well and a fruit salad. Weird combination.

The simple fact I asked for the Croque, reminded me of the French girlfriend. I wanted to ask him, but decided it was not the time. We had so much to talk about us, instead.

I ate like a mad woman, as I was starving. He looked tired, but every time I told him for us to go, he wouldn't move. He laid back on the sofa. "I don't want to. I'm not ready to leave you yet." He had the sweetest look. "Do you want to meet my place? We can play video games." He said with his eyes closed.

I laughed. He was almost muttering. "I'll win easily. You're dead already."

He opened his eyes. "Please?"

He was so serious about it, I couldn't just refuse, but I had to. I didn't know what to think of it. He made such a face, it wasn't nothing like puppy eyes or something, but it was hard to refuse.

"Ville, you're tired. I am, too. Need to change my clothes, take a bath..."

"I can borrow my clothes. You can take a bath, I have a big bathtub."

I only smiled. He then supported his face on my shoulder, removing my hair from my neck, exposing it. I shivered, I wasn't expecting that. I leaned my head slightly on him and touched his hand. His body so close to mine almost made me want to go home with him. His breath on my skin was making me shiver but I was trying to keep still.

"I can't, Ville. But here's what we can do. Go to sleep, and when you wake up, if you don't have anything to do, you call me. You offered your skills as a tourist guide, remember?"

He buried his face on my neck, kissing it slightly. I flinched, I could feel all my hair up. I sighed heavily, he was making me mad. Of course I knew his intentions well by now, guess he knew mine too, but making it so obvious now made me so nervous. I was afraid somebody was looking and they were, indeed.

"Kulta..." He sighed. He straighted up, and looked at the clients. They were leaving, glanced at us and said something in Finnish, smiling. When they left, Ville laughed, with his big hand on his face.

"What? Were they talking to us?"

"Not with us, but about us."

"Tell me, Valo."

"You're so cute demanding something, you know?" Ville touched the tip of my nose. "They were saying to each other that the night was good for us. You know... In that sense. And said there's nothing like a couple in love."

I laughed to disguise my real feelings when he said the last sentence, looking down at my coffee. I felt his eyes on me, like he was waiting for a reply. I felt his hand on my back, and then he pulled me even closer. He embraced me, caging me with his hands. I didn't dare to look at him.