73. Shadows Rise

I just drove without direction. I looked and no one was behind me, nor even the security guys. I probably drove for about 15 minutes until I arrived at a park. I didn't know this place, I decided to stop a bit.

It was a hot day, at least for Finland's standards, people were near the lake, refreshing themselves. Kids were running, it was still summer, after all.

I couldn't get it off my head, Ville punching Arthur. What a sight, it would be hard to forget. I don't know from where Ville gathered so much strength, Arthur is way taller than him. I wondered what was going to happen now.

I just needed the silence and stop my mind a bit. Everything was clouded, including my judgement. I was extremely satisfied for what Ville did, Arthur really deserved. But I knew it would come with a price; so I was a bit angry as he couldn't hold himself. I truly understood his attitudes though, I would probably do the same. I knew his intentions were good, he was protecting me, but unfortunately in the real world we can't escape the consequences.

My cellphone started to buzz, it was Henrik. I had three missed calls from him already.

"Hey."

"Eve, is it true? Ville punched Arthur in the middle of the lab?"

"Yep, it's true. Gosh, tell me how bad it is."

"Everybody is commenting. I'm so glad he did, but I was thinking of the possibility of you punching him." Henrik was laughing and I couldn't help but laugh, too.

"What happens now?"

"Well... Prepare for the worse. He must be really pissed off. People said he was totally disoriented, not only because of the punch, but also no one helped him nor stood by his side. Everybody knows he's a jerk."

"Tell me Ville broke his jaw or some teeth."

"I don't know about that. But seriously, I hope not, otherwise things can get complicated for you and Ville. Maybe he will go to the police."

"Damn. I need to call him."

"He's not with you?"

"No. I kinda escape from everything. I needed to breath a little. I'm laughing, but I know it's over. I probably won't stand a chance against him now."

"I'm sorry for what I'm about to say, but you may be right."

I was already accepting the fact everything was ruined. I went to find the address of where I was and called Ville. I needed to talk to him.

"Eve? Where are you?" He picked up immediately.

"Some park near a lake. I know, can be anywhere." I giggled. Helsinki has a lot of lakes, after all. My sense of humour had a bad timing sometimes.

"Tell me where it is."

I gave him the address, spelling it to him. "Wait for me." He said.

"I'll be here."

I sat on the grass, the weather was really good. I laid down and closed my eyes, figuring out what I would do now. I would lose my visa as well. So many things happened while I was in Finland, it seemed a lifetime. Now I would have to leave it, and god knows what I would leave behind as well.

I don't know how things were going to be with Ville, if I had to go back to Brazil.

I opened my eyes when I felt the sun wasn't hiting my face anymore. Ville.

"Moi." He said, sitting by my side and he laid as well. The sun hit his face, his green eyes seemed more vivid. He turned to me, waiting for something.