125. No Prayer Can Ease the Pain

Waking up with the smell of coffee would always made my brain reconnect with the best of memories, specially here in Paratiisi. Ville wasn't by my side in bed, I heard his mad laugh downstairs, then I remembered he was probably with Mige and Lee. I quickly washed my face and put a robe over my pajamas.

They were in the kitchen having breakfast. "Äiti, you're late." They laughed. "Anteksi, little angel." I kissed the top of her head, and greeted Mige and Lee. "Thank you for coming last night and for staying, did you sleep well?"

"Yes, it was nothing, dear. Whenever you need us, just call." Lee said.

I got near Ville. We didn't talk much yet, so things were a bit weird between us, still. "Morning." I kissed his forehead and sat by his side. "And you, did you sleep well?" He asked me.

"Yes, I feel better." He smiled, pouring coffee at my mug. He did it the way I liked, black, no sugar. But when I drank it, I glanced at it. "This is weird."

"Oh, I was hoping you didn't realized it. It's decaffeinated. I think you had too much yesterday, besides all those energy drinks."

"Yeah, I did." I didn't complain, he was right. It was thoughtful of him doing that for me.

"Do you want it?" He offered me Marie's pancakes and blueberries jelly. "Sure. Oh, I must call Marie."

"Don't worry, I called her. She'll be here Monday, she said. She was worried about you when I said you hit the car."

"Oh, you shouldn't have mention it, it was such a silly accident."

"Could have been very dangerous."

"Don't you think it's better if you not drive at all?" Mige asked.

"Probably. It's such a short way but I'll grab a taxi from now on."

"You're not even putting up a fight. Are you sure they scanned your brain?" Ville asked, suppressing a smile. I narrowed my eyes at him, and he looked at me with the cutest smile. I knew by that sweet look in his eyes, things were better between us already. I couldn't help but smile at him. "Probably there's something missing." He was so close, I kissed his cheek. His skin was so soft, and I loved to kiss his cheekbones, as he was so skinny he didn't have proper cheeks. He didn't let me go, and  whispered those magical words. "Come here." He kissed me and I heard Charlie giggling. "Your mommy and daddy are funny, aren't they?" Mige said.

"Why don't we do something together? It's sunny outside. Let's go to the city." Lee said.

"We can do this. What do you think, Charlie?" I asked her and she seemed excited about it. "We could take her to Oodi library a bit, she can play there." Ville said.

"Oh, I wanna check some sheet music there as well." Mige said.

"I wanna be far away from books this weekend." I said and they laughed.

We went to the library, Charlie had a blast, there was some activities for children and she loved it. I left Ville with her while I checked some books, I just can't be away from them. "So, are you really alright?" Lee asked me.

"Yeah, the accident was something really stupid. And avoidable. I'll take care from now on."

"Ville said you two fought."

"We did. Things were tense because of Marius' letter, and besides that, he's going to produce Lyydia's album and that got me on my nerves. I really hate her, Lee. I never felt like this towards Natalie or even Kat, she truly gets me mad."

"She's a real bitch. I don't like her either."

"But I'll try keeping my cool. Things have to be different. I need to control my stress, be healthy. Maybe that's why I'm not pregnant yet."