112. All Shades of Blue

.
The story now jumps ten months.
.

Ville's POV

I came home from the studio and didn't see Eve around. "Eve? You there?" I went to the kitchen and the food was on the table, it was a bit messy. Probably Charlie gave her some trouble, she could be difficult to eat sometimes. She wanted to play with her food and she was a bit picky. I cleaned it up, I felt guilty I wasn't around lately. We were recording the new album and everything was crazy, again.

I went upstairs and saw Charlie on the corridor, sitting on the floor by herself, drawing on the wall. "Tättähäärä, what are you doing?" I was alarmed she was alone. (*name for active children)

"Daw-ning, daddy." She smiled widely at me.

I sat by her side, kissing the top of her head. "I can see that honey, but why are you here alone? Mom won't like you're drawing at the walls. Let's find some paper. Eve?" No answer. "Char, where's your mum?"

Charlie shrugged, she was concentrating in drawing. I picked her up and she protested. "Let's find your äiti."

I checked Charlie's room and stumbled on Eve, she was sleeping on the floor. She was sitting down, a book she was reading to Charlie in her hands, she probably fell asleep. I put Charlie on the floor and she ran to the corner of the room, to her toys. I bent down, picking the book from Eve's hands, and I felt a knot on my throat. She had papers around her, from her studies. She looked so tired. "Kulta?" I caressed her face and she jumped. She blinked and then her eyes widened, looking around.

"Charlie? Where's she?"

"She's there, darling. Easy." She was edgy.

"Oh my god, I slept and I left her alone, did you just arrive?"

"Yes, I'm afraid she did some art on the walls though, on the corridor."

"Was she on the corridor? Oh my god, she could have fallen down on the stairs!" Eve got up quickly, covering her mouth. She started crying, it was so sudden. "Kulta, she's alright."

"But she could have fallen, or hurt herself, anything! How could I sleep like that?"

"Because you're too tired, it happens."

"Do you understand what happened? I couldn't leave her unattended!"

"Dear, she's fine, look at her. Just the wall, well, she's training her arts skills." I smiled at her and she kept crying. I pulled her to my chest, caressing her hair, but she was sobbing. She let go of me. She was so hard on herself, I didn't know what else to say. I just felt guilty I was away.

She walked to Charlie and kissed her. "Are you okay, sweetie?"

"Joo." Charlie gave her bright smile to Eve. "Mommy, you sad?"

"No, dear. Mommy is fine."

Mommy is not fine. Eve wasn't fine for months and I was worried sick about her. I was on a dilemma, I wanted to stop recording and spend more time with them, but we had a contract, it wouldn't be fair to the guys as well. They all needed the money, and they also have schedules to follow, I'm not a solo artist, they were my family, my other family.

I got near her. "Did you eat?" She had to think. How I hated that, she never ate proper when she wasn't well. That was the first sign things were going bad.