132. Fear Nothing

Sorry in advance, dearest readers, this chapter is a bit longer.

.

"You know, there's an expression in Portuguese that we use when we wait a long time for something, like we are here, waiting for Dr. Karlsson." I told Ville.

"What is it, darling?"

"We say we take a chair tea."

Ville laughed, that adorable mad laugh and the secretary eyed him a bit harshly. "She's trying to make me give up, but I won't."

"I'll stay with you." We had to wait for more half hour, when she finally got out. She pretended she didn't see me there, waiting. "Dr. Karlsson."

"Oh, Eve, hello. I didn't know you were here." She looked at me scared. Maybe it mas my bruises, maybe because she knew I was waiting for her.

I looked at her secretary, who seemed puzzled. "I have to go now, you can arrange a meeting for us if you wanna talk, I'm really in a hurry now."

"I can see that, but what I have to say is pretty quick."

"I really can't, I just have to-"

"Why didn't you say professor Mäkinen was lecturing at Diderot University?"

"Oh, I didn't know that, only when they called me. I'm so sorry for what happened."

"That's curious. Dr. Potts, the University Director, he had a recommendation letter from you."

She looked pale. "Oh, of course. That was before everything happened."

"Why would have a recommendation letter for him before he got kicked out?"

"This was a long time ago, I don't remember. Now, if you excuse me-"

"Just look at me. Look at my face, look at what he did to me." She hesitated, she didn't want to face me. "I'm sorry, Eve. I really am, but I don't understand your attitude."

"Perkele, are you fucking kidding me?" Ville was outraged, I looked at him and didn't say anything, but he understood me.

Dr. Karlsson was going to answer Ville but I didn't give her time. "You knew he was there. While he ran away from here, you always knew where he was hidden. And you knew I was going there, why didn't you say anything to me?"

"I have absolutely nothing with this matter, Eve. I understand you're angry at him, but I don't have any connection to this."

"You can tell yourself that, but you've probably warned him I was going there, but he didn't listen. He wanted to face me, he said that himself. And you're filth to the core, to support a man like him."

"Excuse me? Have you lost your mind?"

"I don't want to be part of a place whose director is so unscrupulous. You know what he did to those women! You've read those testimonials, how can you still support that criminal? You may think you're safe, but think again. He will be judged, and prepare yourself. The shit will hit the fan."

"It's so unacceptable your attitude. With whom do you think you're talking to?"

I shrieked. That was one of the most hateful things someone could say to me, that just ignited my rage, it simply... released the kraken. "I am tired of people like you. You all will fall. I don't know why you think you are so much better than others, you are all rotten. Mäkinen is gone already, he's locked up in Paris, he will be judged. Your time will come."

"Are you threatening me?"

Yes, making new enemies, great. "I would go after you all if I could. But the last one gave me this black eye, as you can hear my voice is hoarse and my throat hurts to speak because he strangled me, that big and strong man. I'm spitting blood. He did it with only one hand." I stucked my face for her to see well what he did to me. She was disturbed, of course, but she was minding her own ass, for sure. "So I will stop, because I have my family to take care of. I won't lose time with people like you anymore. Or maybe I will, you never know. Because people like you makes me sick."