59. Death is in Love With Us

Next days were turbulent. Marius' lawyer, his father, made a proposal to Ville and Timo. They wanted to sue him and asked for an expressive amount of money. I was outraged.

"Was he planning this? That's why he accepted so well that we changed the whole story. I'm so stupid." I covered my face in rage, I don't know what would I do if I saw Marius in front of me. Ville held my hands and I hugged him. I was so mad.

"Kulta, no. It's not your fault, come on. If we can get a deal with him, and he leaves us alone, then it's done."

"No, Ville. It's not fair. And I doubt he leaves us alone like that."

"Let it be, Ve. Let me deal with it and concentrate on your studies, okay?"

"I'm so sorry about this. What a nightmare."

"We will find a way to end this, kulta. I promise you."

Some days passed, and Seppo's plan did work. Two more girls that knew Marius appeared as his fame was rising. Their stories were as awful as Sabrina's, but I didn't meet them to know all details. They were harassed and threated as well. At the time they didn't report him because they were afraid of him, but Sabrina's courage gave them hope to stop him.

They all had the same pattern, small girls, that looked shy and fragile. But now Marius would feel their strength.

Timo told us his father was incredulous, maybe he really didn't know who his son was. He also said we could change our statement now that we would be supported by all the girls' stories.

His father tried to make an arrangement with Timo. Marius would take off the charges against Ville, in order to leave him alone, but I wouldn't back up. I wanted to go full against him, and Ville as well. And to think days ago he wanted an exorbitant amount from Ville.

"Everybody needs to know the truth. That you broke his nose." Ville giggled. "It's not fair I take the credit." He held me, trying to make me laugh a bit. He knew how tense I was because of it. I've been sleeping badly, always having nightmares and my pills weren't helpful. I was actually worried about Ville as well, as he didn't sleep. Every time I woke up, he was there making sure I was okay. He was always tired these days.

"I won't make any deal with that prick. He has to suffer the consequences." I said.

Timo explained us that we could change our statements and say we were blackmailed by him. That would change everything. I decided, I was sure I would do this.

"As this case is getting some attention, we will go to this another place, tomorrow. You will speak to a judge. Eve, Ville, he will be there. I have to warn you. Don't speak to him, don't try anything."

"These two are short tempered, I think it's better we handcuff them." Seppo suggested and Ville giggled.

But Timo wasn't having it. "I'm deadly serious. You can't do anything against him. His father is desperate, he will try some deal. Let me speak for you both, alright?"

I nodded. "I don't want to look at him, but I will do my best to stay quiet. And I swear I won't try to hit him again." I looked at my hand. It was way better now, but it hurt a little, still.

"Kulta, I'll be there. Don't worry, you won't have to do anything. Well, just hold your temper."

"Maybe he will try to provoke you both." Timo said. "Try keep things cool."

"I think short people are bad tempered. You're just like my mom." Ville giggled and held me closer. "We will solve everything, love. It's time to put and end to all this."

I called Sabrina to ask how she was. She wasn't surprise that other people showed up against Marius. But at least he had forgot about her, and she was calmer now. She said she would try to go back to her studies and that her former boyfriend reached out for her as well, now that he knew the truth. I was happy for her.