74. In 666 Ways I Love You

I went up and didn't find Ville at the studio. I called him on his cellphone, but he didn't answer. I was changing myself while I walked into the house. "Ville?" I called but no answer. Damn, I had to rush. Curiosity was killing me.

I picked my Vespa and flew to the Uni. When I got near, I saw loads of people gathered. I don't know if it was related to what Henrik told me, but I already felt a chill on my spine. Couldn't be a good thing.

I realized it was a protest. My eyes widened when I read some posters. It was about harassment at the Universities.

The Uni was so crowded I couldn't walk between people. I saw they were heading to a specific place, the Dentistry Department. I tried to rush but it was impossible. Little by little I got there.

In front of the lab and Arthur's office, people were sit down, they had their mouths covered with a black tape. On their neck, it was written "harassment victim". They were blocking the entry of his office. I covered my mouth in shock. The media was there taking photos, it was huge. I saw Dr. Karlsson speaking to police officers.

"Eve!" It was Henrik.

"Oh my god Henrik. Did you know about it? How it happened?"

"I don't know. People told me it was organized on social media, you know I suck at it. People are claiming the University don't do anything about cases like yours. They are here for you, Eve."

I was amazed. It sticked a finger right in the wound. "That's awesome. It's so many people." I had my mouth opened, I couldn't believe so many people were doing this not only for me, but for everyone who suffered the same.

"Where's Ville?"

"I don't know. He wasn't home."

"Well, I talked to some people and apparently, HIM posted something about it on their social media and that's how the word spread."

I glanced around and I saw it. Many people were using shirts with heartagrams. Ville was behind it. Where was he?

Arthur opened the door of his office and started to shout he needed to work. People didn't move and started to boo him. I laughed of his despair, he was hysterical.

The he shouted he had a pregnant wife in need of him. I immediately worried about Yara, maybe it was true.

"What if he's saying the truth?" I said to Henrik. "She's really pregnant."

"He's probably not."

"But maybe he is. Look at his desperation."

"Eve, he's an asshole."

"I know where he lives. I could go there and check. If something happens to her... I don't want to think about it."

"He's probably lying, Eve."

"But what if he's not? I'll never forgive myself."

"What can you do?"

"I can go there check on her. I know her parents don't live in Helsinki, maybe she has no one. I'll go there."

"Damn. Okay, I'll go with you."

We took a while to reach Henrik's car. On the way I tried calling Ville, he didn't pick up and I started to worry.

"It's here."

"What now?"

"I'll ring the bell and check if she's okay."

"Are you sure? We can just look around. Everything seems normal."

"I'm already here. Just wait."