102. We're Still Breathing

Ville nearly panicked. Monica glanced at him, worried. "Do you want anything, Eve? Something to drink, maybe?" She offered.

"I think I want some tea, please."

"This is Monica. She's been taking care of you all this time." Ville said.

"Really? Kiitos, Monica." Eve said and Monica smiled.

"Okay, I'll get some tea. Which one do you like?"

"Black tea. Right, kulta?" Ville was testing her.

She nodded. "Yes, please."

Eve tried to sit but she felt weak. Ville helped her. "You look different."

"Different, how?"

"Older. But I like your hair like this." Eve reached for his hair. Ville closed his eyes when he felt her touch. How he missed it. He never lost hope, but he was so afraid of never feel that touch again. It seemed unreal now, after everything. Now he knew everything that happened that horrible day.

But Ville was disturbed by the idea she didn't remember Charlie, he trusted it was a matter of time. The important thing is that she was awaken and seemed so well. Apart from her memory.

Monica gave her the tea and she choked. "Slow, kulta." Ville removed his ring and hid it on his pocket. That would confuse Eve.

"Do you feel anything?" Monica asked.

"It hurts like a sore throat."

"It's expected. Just try to take liquids slowly."

"I think I want to sleep now."

"Sure, love. You look tired."

"You've said I spent two months here? That's too much, but I feel so tired."

"Don't worry, rest all you need. Tomorrow morning we will talk, I'll be here."

"Okay."

Ville helped her and saw she quickly slept. He was even afraid of letting her sleep again. He kissed the top of her head and saw her smiling.

He left the room, he was a bit shocked. He had to tell people what happened but he was too confused himself. He called Anita to know how was Charlie, she was alright.

"Mom." Ville looked around to see if anyone was near him. "Eve, she woke up."

"Oh my god, this is wonderful news!!"

"Yes it is. She's back." Ville smiled. "But there's a problem. She's confused, she... She doesn't remember some things."

"The doctor said it could happen. Probably it's a normal thing, right?"

"Mom, she doesn't remember Charlotte." Ville's voice had a crack.

Anita was mute. "Oh, Ville. Don't worry, it's just a matter of time."

"I hope so. I'm so anxious and excited I don't know what to do. I'll go see her again. Take care of Charlie for me, please. I'll stay with her a while. I don't even know how I will say she has a daughter."

"Does she remember you?"

"Yes. In fact it was the first thing she said, my name." Ville smiled. "But she seems confused. I hope she'll be better by morning."

Ville checked on her, she was sleeping deeply, but it was different from when she was in the coma. He caressed her hair and she moved her head. He tried to get some sleep himself.

He woke up with some noise. It was dark still, and his heart jumped when he didn't see Eve in bed. "Eve?"

"In the bathroom."