51. Come Hither and We'll Fall

I opened my eyes and saw Leena and Nick's desperate faces. It took me a while to realize what was happening. I was on the kitchen floor, confused. Leena was on the cellphone, speaking in Finnish.

"Can you get up?" Nick asked and I nodded. He helped me, but I said I was okay, just a bit confused. I glanced at the mess on the floor, the broken cup and the coffee all over the place, and then I remembered everything. "Are you speaking to Seppo? Let me talk to him, please." Leena looked at me apprehensive, and passed it to me.

"It's me, Seppo."

"Perkele, Eve. Are you alright? Sit down so we can talk."

I obeyed and a dreadful feeling hit me, I still didn't know how was Ville. "I'm okay. Tell me how he is." I heard my own voice shaken.

"He's in the hospital, just resting. You probably remember what happened last time. The doctors were worried about his heart, but he's a strong son of a bitch. He will stay here for now, he's doing some check ups. Obviously we canceled the rest of the tour. I'll be here with him and the boys will head back to Finland."

"Are you with him now?"

"I'm outside his room, he's sleeping but under medication. He was too agitated, he couldn't sleep. He's stable for now, Eve. We just have to wait for him to wake up."

"I wanna see him." I looked at Nick's face, he was serious and telling me not to. "I'll go to LA."

"Eve, let me tell you something. Don't come."

"Why not?" I felt so bad. Maybe Ville didn't want to?

"I still need to talk to him again, but he told me he wants to go to rehab again. Immediately, right after he leaves the hospital. Here in LA."

I didn't know what to answer. "Why not here in Helsinki?"

"I don't know, like I've said, we still have to talk and solve this matter. So don't do anything for now, please wait a bit."

"I need to talk to him as well."

"I know. I'll fill you in, alright?"

"Please don't spare me nothing. Otherwise I'll be there in a blink."

"I know that. Just stay put and wait, ok? Don't get ahead of yourself. I need to go, there's a big mess to handle now."

"Seppo, please tell me to call me as soon as he wakes up. I need to talk to him." I was sobbing and not sure if Seppo understood me, he sighed heavily on the other side.

"Of course. Take care, Eve."

"If you are thinking in going to LA, don't do this, Eve." Nick said as soon as I hang up.

"Seppo said Ville will go to rehab. Again. In LA." I covered my face with my hands, sobbing. I felt Nick's arms around me.

"He told me nothing serious happened, but the doctors are worried with his heart condition. Maybe it's for the best, Eve." Leena said.

"I can't believe this is all happening again."

"Let's wait, it's all we can do for now. Maybe everything changes." Nick tried to calm me down, but I was sobbing and wanted to scream of frustration.

Nick went to my room with me. He didn't want to leave me alone. Leena joined us for a while. They tried to talk to me so I would distract myself but I couldn't stop thinking about Ville. I created all sorts of scenario in my head, everything I wanted to say to him.

"I can't. I need to be there." I said and got up in a jump. "I just can't, please don't stop me." I was on my laptop checking airplane tickets. Nobody said anything, Nick sat on my side.