84. All Hope is Gone

Ville went with me at the Uni, I was nervous and he wanted to make me company. "I'll wait for you here."

"Wish me luck."

"Kick some asses, dear."

He kissed the top of my head. "Eve?" It was Henrik. I glanced at Ville, he didn't seem amused.

"Hey, Henrik." I greeted him, and he pulled me in for a hug. "Ville." Henrik nodded to him, Ville just nodded back.

"I'm so glad that you're coming back."

"Well, not yet. Do you know anything about the other person?"

"Dr. Virtanen said it was a young guy, from England. A very good curriculum. But I have faith in you."

"Thanks. I need all the luck in the world now. Well, see you later."

"I'll wait for you." Henrik said, oh boy. Didn't he realize I was with Ville? He seemed too happy to see me, maybe a bit oblivious to Ville's presence.

I glanced at Ville before entering Dr. Karlsson's office. He had a gentle smile that made me calmer. I could feel Henrik's eyes on me as well, but with Ville there, I just couldn't see anyone else.

Today Dr. Karlsson wasn't so receptive. She asked again what made me change my mind. I told her I wanted to live in Finland.

"Is it because your famous boyfriend?"

"Because of Ville, sure, he's one of the reasons."

"I thought you weren't with him anymore." Somebody was reading the gossip magazines.

"We weren't."

"I see."

She praised my work, said she liked my classes very much, but she also said the other professor was very good. "Dr. Virtanen likes your work very much. We will decide it until the end of the week, and we will call you."

"Alright. Is that all?"

"Yes, thank you for coming."

"Thank you for your time." I extended my hand to her.

When I came out, the scene almost make me laugh. Henrik and Ville were sitting side by side, but they both had their arms crossed and slightly turned to their opposite sides. They looked like kindergarten boys that just had a fight. Boys will be boys.

Ville came to me. "So?"

"I'll have to wait until the end of the week."

"What she said?" Henrik asked.

"She said the other guy is very good. That wasn't encouraging."

"I'll let you know if I heard anything."

"Okay. Thank you, Henrik."

He gave me a kiss on the cheek and didn't even look at Ville. He walked away and Ville was watching him. I squeezed his hand. "Hey. Let's go."

"Yeah. Well, can I take you to a place? But you'll have to close your eyes."

"Oh my."

"Do you trust me?"

"Of course."

We entered the taxi and Ville asked me to close my eyes. He didn't say the address out loud. I laid down on Ville's shoulder. "I'm so curious."

Ville giggled. "I'm sure it will pay off."

When the taxi stopped, my heart was jumping, I was nervous. "Please don't open your eyes. I'll help you get out."