185. I Try to Call Your Name

I felt Ville's arms around me, protecting me. I couldn't see a thing, but I knew Juha was away from us, he made some noise hitting stuff around him. When some emergency lights were on, he was standing in front of us, looking lost, and with mad eyes.

"You lied, you brought friends."

"I didn't, I swear. I'm alone."

"Liar. You didn't call the police, they wouldn't do that. It's your little friend.
Well, I'll have to take care of him. Don't go anywhere." He walked away, carrying his gun. I realized the door didn't make any locking noise, maybe the lack of energy caused that. Could be our chance, but Ville was inside the cell and I had my hands tied.

"Kulta, are you alright? Did he hurt you?"

"No, I'm fine. Ville!" He showed me our exit. He had a key in his hands. He was fast to grab in that confusion and Juha didn't realize it.

"We have to be fast." He quickly got up, and tried to open the cell. I just hoped it was the right key. I could see Ville's shaking hands, maybe because he was nervous, but he looked so weakened.

Fortunately, it did open. Ville was careful not to make any noises, but once he was free, he ran to hold me. I held back the urge to cry out loud when I felt his arms around me. "Oh, love. I thought I would never hold you again."

"I never lost hope." I cried, trying to muffle the sound. I just wanted to scream out loud.

"Now let's free you, before he comes back." I was tied down with a plastic cable tie. Ville tried to cut it with the key, but it wasn't easy. "Fuck." I kept my eyes on the door.

"Keep trying dear. Or maybe there is something we can use. Oh, on the other room. I dropped a knife, if you're careful you will find it."

"Okay, I'll try. Be right back, love." Ville held my face, kissing me urgently. Now I could understand why people sometimes act so stupidly in horror movies. I was so glad I finally found Ville nothing really mattered. He was here, alive, with me after so long without any single news, that for a moment I forgot where we were and that there a psycho around.

As Ville tried to make his way to the other room, we heard a noise and my heart shrunk. "Go, Ville. Go inside the cell again."

But we didn't have time. I saw a shadow move, and prepared for the worse.

I was never so happy to see Viktor in my life.

Ville instinctively positioned himself in front of me. "V, he's a friend, it's fine."

"Miss, are you okay? Where is the fucker?" Viktor whispered.

"I don't know, just be fast."

"You must be the famous husband." Viktor could be so naïve sometimes, as this wasn't time for presentations. I could have rolled my eyes at him, but I was worried looking at the door.

"I am the husband. Now, will you help my wife?"

"Oh, of course." Viktor had a knife that easily cut the ties. He helped me get up from the floor, and I couldn't help but hold Ville immediately once I had my hands freed.

"Oh dear." I squeezed him, how much I missed him. It was surreal I was holding him again, after all this time. Ville kissed my cheek, and I had to hold back the urge to cry. I felt his big, but gentle hands holding my face. He was shaking and I worried, but in a second everything vanished. He kissed me urgently, and Viktor interrupted, coughing.

"Ahem.We need to go, sorry to interrupt." Oh, now he was rushed. "Follow me, stay behind."

The door didn't lock with the lack of electricity indeed, but Juha didn't worry about that, probably. As we reached the other room, I asked them to wait. The room had only the emergency light but it was enough for me to look for the knife Viktor gave me. I picked it up and Viktor grinned at me.