65. Mä Haluan Sun

I barely had time to breath, I was working at the lab every weekend, so I couldn't meet Ville. I was tired and stressed out. "Here." Henrik brought me coffee and I couldn't be more grateful. "Oh, kiitos. I'm almost finishing this."

"Take your time. I examined those and it's everything alright. But it's Sunday, it's even sunny outside, let this for tomorrow."

"I swear I'm almost done."

"Alright. I need to get going. See you tomorrow, then. But hey, next week it's your birthday, isn't it?"

"You remembered. Yes, it is."

"Hum. Guess you're gonna travel to see Ville. Or he's coming."

I sighed. "He will be in Russia all week, and I can't go there, I need a Visa. So, guess not." I tried not to frown. Henrik was my teacher, but I saw him like a friend. He wasn't so much older than me and we had the same musical taste, we used to talk a lot about music, besides my studies.

"Humm. I see. Well, we could celebrate, if you feel like."

"Nah. I won't have time."

"Come on, Eve. Gather your friends, it's your birthday."

"Let's see, but I don't feel like."

Speaking of my lovely devil, Ville called me when I was leaving the lab. He was in Germany and was all excited about our trip to Croatia. We already had our tickets to Brazil as well. I was checking with my mom, she insisted for us to stay at home with them, but I had mixed feelings. I made her promise she would behave, otherwise I would rent somewhere else. Ville didn't mind staying with my parents, he thought it would be fun, but I was worried about our privacy.

He didn't mention anything about my birthday, though. Did he forgot? I felt a bit sad, maybe he would remember it next week, but the thought of not having him near was awful. I tried rationalize it, knowing it was his job, but still, I was frustrated.

That kept me anxious the whole week. Leena came to lunch with me. "Eve, you have to celebrate it. I know Ville won't be here, but you must. Just a cake."

"Lee, he didn't say anything last week nor yesterday, I think he forgot it." My birthday was in two days. Leena opened her mouth.

"That's not possible. He must be very busy."

"Please don't tell Mige. I really wish him to remember, if he doesn't, well... I don't know. It's just a date." I shrugged.

"Just the date you were born! Come on, Eve. Let's celebrate it. We can go to the Crow, as usual. It's been a while we don't go there."

"Since I saw Ville again." My stomach fluttered to remember it. He was irresistible that night, charming and flirty as hell. I couldn't blame the wine, I would probably have kissed him anyway. I smiled at the memory and Lee was laughing. "Oh, you should see your stupid face right now." I laughed with her. I missed him.

"Come on. Let's take Chris. I'll invite Jukka, can I?"

"Of course." Jukka was Leena's boyfriend.

"So we're going, right?"

"I guess so. I'll invite Henrik as well."

"Yay, we're gonna have a blast. See ya Friday, then."

"Deal."

.

I wasn't excited to turn 27. My parents and Nick called early in the morning. My older brother never called and I didn't mind, as we weren't anywhere close.
Ville didn't call and every time I thought of him, I felt a pain in my heart. He sent me a message asking if I was alright and that he was a bit busy, they would play today in a festival. And festivals are always a mess.