76. Sweetest is the Taste From Your Lips

"You can't do this to me. You're my older brother, but still, I have my own life, you have no right to do this. Just give it to me!"

Nick took the keys of my Vespa and I was mad. "You won't fucking drive it to die. Eve, you can barely walk! Unless you learn to be a proper human being and stop with this madness!"

"Please, don't do this to me. Think about it, if you take my Vespa off, I'll sleep even less, because I'll have to walk or wait for the bus."

"If you take your Vespa, you'll sleep less anyway because you'll be at the Uni earlier and leave it even later. And you are in no conditions of driving, are you mad?"

"I don't believe this. Was this Ville idea?"

"No. But he gave me full support." Nick smiled. I rolled my eyes.

"What the hell, you two. You don't know what you're doing to me."

"Come on, today I'll drop you there."

I accepted the ride but I was pissed off. I hated to be treated like a child.

Ville would arrive in a few days and I tried to look better. I wasn't skyping him anymore because he would always complain I was skinny and pale. I've always blamed the bad pixels. We would only talk on the phone but I kissed him so badly.

The most unexpected thing happened. I've received an e-mail from Helsinki University, requesting my presence there as soon as possible. It was about Arthur, probably. I felt a chill on my spine. But it was weird they didn't request my presence in any specific date.

Ville was going to arrive tomorrow, so I called him, to meet me in Helsinki. I was worried and spoke to Dr. Isaksson, so I could go there as soon as possible.

"I know I said I wouldn't miss any meetings anymore, but I think it's urgent. Probably because of Dr. Mäkinen."

"Dr. Karlsson sent me an e-mail requesting your presence to me. Don't worry, just solve this problem."

If Dr. Karlsson herself had sent an email, things must be pretty serious.

I flew there in the same day, but by the hour, nobody would be there at the Uni anymore.

It was a curious feeling, to be back. Helsinki was gray again, and I realized it was already a year already since I put my feet on this icy country.

And that made me realize that in three days, it's been a year since I had the most important cup of coffee of my life. One year since those emerald eyes bewitched me. I felt the heat on my cheeks and smiled to myself. I couldn't believe how many things happened by now.

The tower was intact. Ville was coming here, and I realized he had more photos of us around. I smiled to see so many memories of us. I started to think about our biggest moments together. Our first coffee, the record company party, he asking me to be his girlfriend in Berlin, when we got engaged in Paris, even hospitals and not so romantic moments, as Ville punching Arthur. Those were moments difficult to forget.

I called Henrik, he didn't know what it was about, he had no idea. He only said he didn't see Arthur for some days. I had a bad feeling and barely slept. At the first hour next day, I was there at the Uni.

I passed by the lab, no sign of him. I went straight to Dr. Karlsson's office, I didn't want to see anyone. She arrived half hour after me and quickly asked me to enter her office.

"Please sit, Eve. Do you want coffee?"

"No thanks."

She had a big jar of coffee. That's how we survive in Finland.