95. Razorblade Kiss

A little disclaimer: this chapter may be a little violent and may contain some triggers for sensitive people. And I'm sorry in advance, it's a heavy chapter. :(

.

Marius was right in front of me, again. He was different, blonde, a very light yellow, he was wearing glasses, he had a trimmed beard, his hair was a bit longer.

I stayed frozen for what looked like an eternity in my head, but I knew it was seconds. I had to think fast, and my reaction was to throw the cart over him and run.

"No, no, no, don't do this." He pushed the cart aside easily and grabbed my arm while I made my way to the door, run with my belly wasn't easy at all. I was ready to fight him, but I felt something sharp on my neck, when I turned to face him, probably a knife. "Easy. I know you're a fighter but I think you don't want to harm your baby, do you?"

When he mentioned Charlotte, I felt a fear so enormous I felt dizzy. He was right. I didn't want to cause her any harm, so I didn't put up a fight. He kept facing me, waiting for a response and I nodded. "Good. Come, let's sit so we can chat a bit."

He let go of my arm and motioned me to sit on the patient's chair. He really had a small knife, those hunter's one. He had an eye on me while he lifted the cart and kicked the stuff that fell aside. "I don't want to hurt you, but I know you well and I'm gonna use this." He grabbed a silver tape and locked my wrists onto the chair, on the arm support. It was a bit tight, he did it while pointing a knife to me.

"Please, just let me go. Don't do this, Marius." I felt my lips tremble. I never felt so much fear in my life before, not for me, but for Charlotte. I was terribly afraid he would harm her, I started to panic. My breathing was even harder.

"If you're a good girl, I'm not gonna use this on your legs." He was watching me attentively. "Hey, Eve, what's going on, are you alright?" He got near me and I flinched.

"Don't worry, I won't do you harm. Well, not for now." He caressed my hair and that was a torture already. I looked away from him, he wiped a tear that fell from my face.

"Things are different, aren't they? I bet you would never fear me, you wouldn't cry like that before. You were always so fearless and cocky, always willing to fight me. But now you have a sweet girl here, you are afraid, aren't you?" He put a hand over my belly and I screamed in terror.

"Don't touch me! Please, Marius, I beg you. Don't do anything against her. Please."

He was analyzing me. "Yeah, things are definitely different. I never thought I would see you beg. But please, don't scream. Otherwise I'll have to gag you." He kept looking at me, like he was admiring me. He was a total freak. Why me? What did I do to him?

"We've been a long way, didn't we? God, that day in Tavastia, you were so stupid I had to save you. You weren't supposed to be there. Why are you always playing the hero?"

"You failed. You didn't harm Ville nor anyone else."

"I didn't want to. I could very easily, if I wanted. I just wanted to scare you, remind you and Ville I was near. I was just fulfilling my promise." I didn't know what he was talking about, but I had the feeling it had something to do with what he wrote on a note Ville destroyed.

"We were so close that day, didn't we? Oh, I had you in my arms, I almost took you with me. So tempting, having you for myself." He caressed my face with his cold hands. I was so grossed out, I looked away from him. He held my face with some strength, making me look at him. "But I knew it would be a drag, you're so annoying. You would try to knock me down and I saw your brother coming. So, I waited for you, almost a year later, and here we are. I've missed you, I truly did. Be near you, hear your voice." He stroked my hair and I looked away, trying to stay calm. His touch was truly nauseating.