123. Fortress of Tears

PS: dearest ones, I just wanted to warn that this chapter may contain some triggers to some sensitive people and it's a heavy chapter, but I hope you guys enjoy it.

.

Ville looked at me, incredulous. My hand holding the cellphone was shaken a bit, I realized. "Eve? Are you there?"

"This is a bad time, we are in our honeymoon." Ville said. "Honeymoon? I thought you were married already. Well, anyway, do you want me to send it to you, Eve?" Thomas asked.

I looked at Ville, he was also waiting for my answer. "Yes, at my house."

"Er, which house?"

"The one at Huopalahti Hoplax."

"Alright. I'll let you know any news about the trial. Kiitos."

Ville grabbed the phone from my hand and turned it off. "Why would you want that letter?"

"I don't know."

"You should burn it. Or simply tell Thomas to throw it away."

"I don't know what I'm going to do with it, okay? And I don't want to think about this now." I covered my face. "I knew it."

"What, darling?" Ville put his arms around me, but I could see he was a bit impatient.

"Everything was just too perfect. Something had to come up."

"Don't think that way. You don't have to read it, just throw it."

"But there's the trial, I didn't want to go through with it all over again."

"I know. I'm sorry you'll have to. I'll be there with you, if you want." Ville pulled me to his chest. "Thank you. Maybe it's better if you stay with Charlie. But I really don't want to lose time with this now. Come, let's go out." I picked my things and went to the bathroom to change, but I really just wanted a minute to breath. Sometimes I felt these ghosts would never really let me go.

I came out and Ville was looking at me worried. I smiled, he looked lovely, as he didn't have much beach clothes, this wasn't common. He was wearing a gray shorts, with a white shirt sleeve shirt. And flip flops. "You look lovely. It's not your usual goth wear."

He chuckled. "Guess not. You look wonderful as always." I put on a small, light yellow dress with white polka dots over my bikini. Ville hugged me, inhaling my hair. "You alright, love?"

"I'll be better if we walk a bit."

The sun was strong, but the weather was also windy. The beach was astonishing, the blue and crystalline water reminded me of the beaches in Croatia. We walked a bit, in silence. I found a place that was selling coconuts. "Do you want some coconut water?"

Ville made a face. "I don't like much but sure."

"You can have other thing. Do you wanna try this? It's called açaí. You can eat with fruits, maybe you'll like it."

"This doesn't look good." He giggled. "It looks like baby's poop. A baby that ate a lot of beetroots." I laughed when he said it. "But I'll try it."

Ville looked at the bowl of açaí with bananas and strawberries, not knowing where to start. But his face was priceless when he had the first spoon. "Oh lord, this is wicked awesome." I laughed to see his reaction, I was glad he enjoyed it. He was eating it like a child devouring an ice cream for the first time. He offered me but I didn't want it. He liked it so much he wanted another bowl. "Are you sure Ville? This is kinda heavy."

"I can skip lunch and eat only this."

"No, don't do that. I've heard there's a lot of good vegetarian options here."