37. Hearts at War

The interview went well, they posed for some photos and a fan club gave presents to the band, and they signed some stuff for them. They were all very caring with their fans. Some were fangirling over Ville, mostly. He always laughed and was good sport about it.

There was an after party going on. Anita and Kari wouldn't stay, claiming it was for young people. Ville hugged them and I was never tired to see the love between them. Anita gave me a tight hug as well. "Come to dinner before leaving for the tour, okay?" She invited me. "Thank you, Anita. We will go, for sure."

Gas and Burton had already left as well, probably because of their wives and children. The place was still full, though. Ville was happy to see his friends around and I could see all that tension he felt before went away.

Everybody was toasting for the new year and Ville held an orange juice. He laughed about it and didn't mind at all. Eicca was talking to us and he called Perttu to join the conversation. Ville looked at me, suppressing a smile and I squeezed his hand. I just hoped for no jokes. Perttu politely joined us, he was bit drunk, and wasn't embarrassed like before, on the contrary. I was relieved there wasn't any tension between them both. But after some minutes, Ville excused himself to the toilet and Perttu was touching my arm too much while talking to me and I flinched every time he did it. He was wasted and Eicca realized it, holding him back playfully. When Ville was back, he just walked away from us. Eicca was a bit embarrassed and excused himself, going after Perttu.

"Is it me, or Perttu is avoiding me?"

"He's drunk. Let him go."

"He was hitting on you." Ville was looking at him. "I saw him all touchy with you."

"Well, yeah... That bothered me. But like I said, he's wasted."

"That's no excuse. You've should use your karate skills on him as well."

"He wouldn't be able to play cello."

"That's his problem." I looked up and Ville was dead serious, still looking at Perttu. He then looked at me. "I still remember some judo tricks." I chuckled but he was still too serious. I looked at Perttu and he was looking at us too. "I'm gonna go talk to him."

I held him by his arm. "Ville, don't. Please, everything is alright. Let's enjoy the night."

"It's not alright. Don't worry, I won't break his arm, just his teeth. Then, he can call you." I couldn't tell if he was serious or being sarcastic. I just couldn't believe this was happening. "Ville." He looked at me. "Please. Just don't."

He sighed and looked away. "I'm gonna get something to drink." I hoped he meant more orange juice. I looked around and found Leena talking to Mige, I decided to join them. "Hey, guys."

"Hey Eve! Everything alright?" Leena probably asked because it wasn't, I don't know how to conceal some things. "More or less. Ville just had a moment of jealousy."

"Ville? Are you sure?" Mige looked at me incredulous. "What happened?"

I told them the short episode with Perttu. "Well, the guy is hitting on you since that party, Ville told me. And I saw with my own eyes."

"It was discomforting alright, but the guy is drunk."

"He won't even remember it next day. I'm gonna go talk to Ville. You know, he's not the jealous type. If he's angry, it's better someone calm him down. You know he's got a temper. And I know how things can escalate quickly when he's not in a good mood."

"Thanks, Mige."

"Don't look now Eve, but I think Perttu is coming." Leena warned me.

"Oh, hell. I swear I'm gonna punch him of he still silly around me." Leena was still laughing of me when Perttu came to us. "Eve, can I talk to you?" He looked at Leena, like he was asking for privacy.