4. Daydreaming

I quickly picked up the phone, not knowing if I should call or send a message. I would love to hear his voice again. I needed to say something, how could he think I would not want to talk to him again? I had to brush off the thought.

I decided to call.

It rang three times. I thought of giving up, but he picked up.

"Eve?"

"Hi, Ville. I... I just wanted to apologize, I forgot to ask your number! I told you I have a bad memory and also I'm easily distracted. So sorry."

"Oh darling, you don't need to apologize. Or maybe you should. How about you do this on dinner, tomorrow?"

What?

"Dinner? Hum, sure. Where do I meet you?"

"I can pick you up at home. Just send me your address. How about 7pm? I would like to show you a restaurant."

"Oh ok. I will message you right away."

"Don't forget, please." He laughed.

"No, I won't, don't worry. Well, nice talking to you. Have a good rehearsal."

"Thanks darling. See you tomorrow."

I put my cellphone on the table and sighed. It was so good to hear his voice again, even though he just left. I quickly remembered I needed to send him my address. He received and replied with the wink smiley. So flirty. And a dinner, already? This was too perfect to be true. I wanted to see him soon.

I decided to go back to my place, as I should talk to Leena. She was the third person I had as roommate in just one month. I was tired already. She seemed nice, she reminded of Phoebe from Friends, that kind of weird. She was into astrology, tarot and stuff like that, things I don't believe at all. I always thought I was too rational for it.

When I came back, she was cleaning the kitchen. Our apartment was small, but enough for both of us. We had our rooms and two bathrooms, so probably we wouldn't fight because of it. She was from Tampere and came to Helsinki to study Arts. She was petit, slim and had a very dark and long hair. She was always with a ponytail or braided. Her clothes were kinda eccentric. That's also why she reminded me of Phoebe.

And she seemed really nice. She knew how to organize the house and had the most efficient way of synthesized everything. She put labels on stuff, she would keep our food separate in the refrigerator - she was vegetarian, like Ville - she didn't leave her stuff around the house. This was great about her. The only thing I hated was her incenses. They were smelly. I still didn't have the courage to talk to her about it. She was the best roommate so far and I didn't want to risk losing her.

"Hi Eve! I was just made a carrot cake. Have a sit!"

"Oh, it smells good! But I just had some at the coffee. I'll save it for later. I love carrot cake. Someday I'll make my Brazilian recipe of it."

"Okay. I'll leave it here for you. So, what you were up to?"

"Well... I was at the coffee, reading." I wasn't sure how to tell, or if I should. Maybe she wasn't interested. But I decided to. "I just had the most interesting encounter."

She looked up. I was now sitting with her on the kitchen counter.

"Really? So go on, tell me about it, girl!"

I told her all the details, but saved his name for last.

"Oh gosh, he seemed a really interesting person. Are you single? Do you have someone in Brazil?"

When she asked me that I automatically thought about Phil. I tried to be rational and tell myself it was only a matter of habit. Old habits die hard, after all.

"No, I don't."

"So, did you exchange numbers? Do you want to see him again? Oh I love a love story!"

I laughed. Leena was the cutest.

I explained to her the whole confusion about me not asking for his number and she just laughed.

"And what is the stranger's not so strange name?"

"He is really not a stranger... His name is... Ville Valo."

She was Finn, so she probably would know him even thought she wasn't into metal or rock. By her expression, she definitely knew him. Her eyes were wide open, just as her mouth.

"You are telling me, you got to know that piece of sexy man?"

I laughed nervously. "Yeah, can you believe it? I was so embarrassed I didn't recognize him from the start."

"And you have a date already! Oh god, I wish I was that lucky."

"Are you seeing someone, Leena?"

"Yes and no. I'm on and off with a guy, I don't know if I'm that interested. He's a Capricornian, I should have know."

I laughed. "What, your stars does not align?"

Then her eyes sparkled. "Hey, I can read some cards for you. Do you want it? Do you know his birthday?"

"I didn't ask. But you don't have to."

"We can check on the internet. Let me see."

"No, Leena, don't worry. You know, I decided I wouldn't look him up because I want to know the real Ville. Only what he tells me. I'm curious to read everything about him, but I decide I won't."

She agreed it was a good idea. But I would definitely listen to his music, and that's what I did. I went to my bedroom and open YouTube to quickly check some songs.

Gosh. The man was a sexy beast on stage as well. What a wonderful voice. I had the impression they were heavier live.

Then I came across with their version of Billy Idol's Rebel Yell. It was a festival called Provinssirock, in 1999. He looked so fresh. He was shirtless and I could see his left arm full tattooed, like a sleeve.

Oh my Goddess. If I had half of his confidence, I would die a happy woman. I was hypnotized. He was incredible sexy. He was wearing a pair of earrings, he looked so young. Maybe he was in his early 20's? I would ask him later. That made me think about how old was he now. He didn't seemed to age much.
I couldn't not notice he had a bigger diastema by then, a gap between his front tooth. Dentist thing.

I saw some more videos and studied a little listening to his songs. The lyrics were mostly about love. It suited him. His voice was so amazing. I was in love by his talent. He had a great vocal range. He had a baritone voice but could easily reach high pitched notes at the concerts. I was anxious to watch him live.

I couldn't stop daydreaming about him.

But my daydreaming was interrupted by my cellphone. It was him. My heart jumped. Was he calling me to cancel our dinner tomorrow?