157. I Dare You To Dream

Ville's POV

Eve's episode with the music school kept me thinking a while, that was bugging my mind. I wanted to ask Dr. Ecclestone about it, I worried if she was really fine, but I knew Eve would soon travel to Paris, she would ask him for sure. I wanted to travel with her, but I wouldn't offer myself. I had to remind all the time, I don't make part of her life like that anymore.

I had gloomy days. I still felt a despair after everything that happened with Eve, with us. I would never get over it, but I was successfully keeping my promise. No one would understand it, so I kept it to myself, although Mige always wanted to talk about how I was about Eve. But he didn't knew about the promise, no one could know that.

Charlie was sleeping and she had asked me for a new book, I decided to go buy it for her. Some days were harder on her as well. Howbeit I explained her many times, she cried, asking why we couldn't live together anymore, why during the day she would be with me, and see her mom only at night. We are never together, she would cry. In her eyes, that was a big injustice, a very wrong thing to do, she acted like she was being punished by us. I had to talk over and over with her, explaining this was none of her fault. But for a small kid like her, that would be difficult to fully comprehend. I wished I could do more for my little girl. The episode at the old school didn't help, she said she missed her teacher and her buddies, she was just starting at the new one, and taking a while to adjust.

"Marie, I'm going to the city center. Do you need anything?"

"Here." She gave me a groceries list. I hated to do that, but for some reason Marie refused herself to do it. I felt she was punishing me. "Okay."

First, I went to the book store. Charlie had so many books, it was hard to find one I've never read before. Then I found one very interesting, it was about Japanese tales. Of course I quickly thought of Eve. She would enjoy it. I picked this one, maybe she could read it with Charlie as well.

While in the queue, there was some magazines and it was the gossip ones. Jesus, wouldn't they never leave this story aside? Now it was a new theory over me and Eve. It had some pictures of us in the cover. Curiously, it had a picture from our first date together, the record company party, and another from Helldone, I don't remember the year, and one with Charlie, us strolling in Kaisaniemi park. It was a rare moment I felt anger over these shitty magazines, usually I couldn't care less.

Now, the groceries. I didn't care when I had to do it with Eve. She didn't have patience to do so, it was always amusing how she would be annoyed by it. But after Charlie, she would always pay attention to what she was buying, I loved that in her, she was always careful. I was so distracted reading Marie's list and thinking about those things, I didn't realize there was someone calling my name, walking beside me. Maybe a fan.

"Ville, wait." I felt a hand on my arm, and had a surprise when I saw that face.

"Natalie."

"I knew it was you, although you are always hiding inside the beanie and the hoodie." She gave me a wide smile, and two kisses, like the French do, as always.

"So, are you visiting Finland?" I asked her.

"Actually, I moved back to Helsinki. I accepted a job proposal."

"Right, what kind of job?"

"I work as a presenter in a TV show."

"Oh, wow. This is big, I guess."

"It is. Well, not that it will interest you though."

"What is it about?"

"It's a TV show about entertainment, uh, mainly celebrities gossips."