118. The Scent of Our End

Linde and Vic went to their honeymoon, they would spend some time in Italy and Greece. They had the spirit for Summer.

We had a fantastic week, I would say it was unforgettable. We've celebrated our friends' wedding, it was a beautiful ceremony and I wouldn't imagine I would go back home... To my old home, my old place. That I would be with Ville. His hand rested over my leg while I drove, Charlie was sleeping. We had a blast, she enjoyed a lot with her little friends, she even had a tan. That seemed a simple thing, but I smiled to myself to drive with the windows opened, Ville's hair moving with the wind, while we listen to some music. I had my family with me, I felt complete.

Lyydia didn't bother us anymore, she went away one day before, so we had one day without her annoying presence in that fantastic place. She didn't speak to Ville after what happened, and it was for the best, they had some business issues, though. "I was going to produce her album, probably I won't anymore."

"I'm sorry about that. I guess."

"No, it's alright. I have plenty of other things to do. When Linde comes back, we have some videos to shoot."

"Oh, I wanna see! Can I?"

"You don't have to ask. If you're not too busy, I'd love you and Charlie go there to see us."

Next day, Jesse had a Muay Thay competition and Ville told his parents he would have dinner at their place and leave Charlie with Anita, and go to see Jesse with Kari. He didn't say anything about me, on purpose. When Anita opened the door for us, she smiled widely. "Oh, Eve! What a lovely surprise." I hugged her, she looked at me and Ville back and forth.

"Moi, äiti. Yeah, look who's here." I looked at Ville and he put a hand on my shoulder. Anita's eyes widened. "Let me understand... Is that what I'm thinking?"

Ville looked at me, smiling. I think his face answered her, he had that gentle smile. "Of course, I know this look in his eyes. Oh, it was about time!" She hugged Ville, who kissed her on the cheek. She knew her son so well, their relationship was lovely. It was cute, Anita was so short, Ville had to bent down. She hugged me again, she was truly happy. "Charlie? Come here!"

Charlie obeyed and ran to hug her grandma, who spoke with her in Finnish. Kari quickly joined us. "Oh, you're here! I knew Ville was too happy on the phone." Kari pat me on the back and hugged me. I loved them both, I missed them badly. They were my family here in Helsinki, at least that's how I felt about them. I had a mother in law that was nothing like people used to say about it, she was patient with me, which was a privilege because she wasn't much with other people, I felt she truly cared about me, she was a lovely person. Our personalities were even much alike, Ville said. That we were small and nervous.

Kari was one of the most calm and gentle person I've ever known. I could say Ville was a perfect mix of them. He could have a bad temper, sometimes. But mostly he was calm, polite, so gentle towards everybody. I just hoped to teach Charlie all those values as well.

"If I knew you would come, I would have made more food." When Anita said it, me and Ville laughed. They had plenty of food. "I don't eat that much, there's lot of things!" Charlie ran to the table, she loved her grandma's food.

"Darling, we have to wash our hands first. Come." Ville said and Charlie made a face. It was lovely how the house was affected by Charlie's. It was more colorful now, as it had lots of toys around, protections so she wouldn't put her finger on a power socket, or hit her head on the corner of a table. The house was ready to be her second home when needed.

"I'm so happy for you two, I don't know why you took so long. How are you, dear?" Anita asked me with her kind eyes. I knew she meant all, Marius story and everything.