117. You're the Fire, I'm the Rain

Eve's POV

It was very odd to wake up feeling Ville holding me the day before, but not today. His big hand was resting on my stomach, I smiled to myself. I've missed that so much. I felt my eyes heavy, I was very sleepy, maybe I slept for two hours, as we couldn't stay away from each other last night. We stayed in the bathtub forever, until our skins were wrinkled.

I woke up early because I had to check on Charlie, she would probably wake up soon. I glanced at Ville, he was sleeping deeply, he seemed tired as well. I gently removed his arm, trying not to wake him up.

"Where do you think you're going?"

When he pulled me back to bed, I was laughing already. I let out a high pitched scream, I think he was only waiting for this moment. He buried his face on my neck, laughing with me, I felt even the bed shaking. I turned to him, he was smiling with his eyes closed. "Good morning, love."

"Morning, kulta. Just more five minutes. Have you forgotten about that?"

"Of course not. But I need to check Charlie, dear. You know she gets a bit scared waking up in new places if she doesn't see us."

"Hum, yeah. I'll go with you."

"Stay, you look tired. Sleep a bit more."

"It's your fault, you were restless last night." He chuckled and kissed me.

"Oh, of course it was just me, you sound so innocent." I kissed him back. "I'll just check her quickly." He nodded and stayed in bed. I went to the children's room, all five little angels were still sleeping. Leena was also there, checking on Olivia.

"Oh, morning." I whispered. We went outside.

"Geez Eve, you look dead. I guess someone didn't sleep much." She smiled and I probably blushed.

"No, not at all." We giggled.

"So, you and Ville are back together? Tell me you are. It doesn't make sense you two apart."

"Yeah, we are. Something happened yesterday and... I realized it's nonsense losing time. And it happened on the right time."

"If we knew, we would have put you two locked in a room way earlier." Leena giggled.

"What, you guys did it on purpose?"

"Of course Linde and Vic thought about that. They just had to."

"Well, I think I'll sleep a bit more."

"If Charlie wakes up, I'll go there to wake you, don't worry."

I thanked and went back to the bedroom. I crawled to Ville and rested on his chest. "She's still sleeping."

"Okay." He muttered, but then turned to me. He had sleepy eyes, but seemed worried. "No, don't look at me like that. Let's forget about everything for a while." I told him. Myself, I had that weird and restless feeling about Marius' death. I still didn't know how to process it.

"You're right."

I remembered Lyydia's face and it made me laugh. "What?" He asked curious.

"I'm just remembering Lyydia's face when she saw us."

"Oh, nevermind her. I hope she stays away."

"You two dated for many years."

"Yeah, that was a long time ago."

"But she didn't seem to forget."

"Don't worry about her, love. She was just... Curious, I don't know."