24. Christmas

I woke up early the next day with a huge hangover. The night was difficult and I could only imagine how Ville felt.

The tattoo seemed better, though. It would be a shame if the allergy ruined it.

I went downstairs, no sign of Leena. It was early, so I decided to make breakfast for us, for a change. I was feeling so useless these days.

I made some eggs with toasts. Leena woke up and seemed happy to see me working in the kitchen. She was also with a hangover, but she wouldn't shut up about Mige.

"You get along well, indeed. He's a great guy, isn't he?" I teased.

"Yep, he's really cool. He and Ville are big friends, he told me. They share a lot of things in common."

"Yes, even their weird taste for bad movies. Especially terror and slasher. Can't blame them!"

"Oh really? God, I hate those."

"Are you serious? We need to make a session of terror movies when Ville comes back."

Leena smiled. "That's a first."

"What?"

"The first time you mention Ville without crying or being extremely unhappy. On the contrary, you were actually smiling!"

I laughed because it was true. "After yesterday, I understood I have to react. It could have been worse, everything that happened. I have to control myself as well because of my anxiety. I know it's not something rational, but at least I have to try."

"And it's good to see you reacting. Nothing like some hallucinations as a wake up call."

"Can you believe I had hallucinations with Natalie? I thought she was there in the bathroom with me. But it was good as well, because I let myself feel everything. I normally block those bad feelings and eventually, I explode."

While we had breakfast, Leena talked about Mige the whole time. She was obviously so excited about him. But she didn't say anything on the love field. Yet.

"Eve, what are planning for Christmas?"

"I don't really know. I didn't think about it."

"Why don't you dinner with us? I'll help my mom and we will have a big dinner. Come on, it will be fun!"

"Alright, I'll go. If I won't bother you."

"Not at all. The more, the merrier."

I decided I would go to the university and studied there a while. At home I couldn't concentrate. I prepared myself a lot of coffee. When I was about to leave, Mige came to visit us.

"Hey there! How are feeling today?" He hugged me.

"I'm better, thanks to you guys and the meds."

"Great. Eve, can I talk to you for a second?"

"Sure, Mige. What is it? Is it Ville?" My heart jumped.

"Yes and no. His parents called me early in the morning. They asked me to invite you for Christmas dinner. I'm also going, they are like the extension of my family. What do you say?"

Leena looked at me and nodded. "Eve, don't mind my invitation. You should go."

"But you've just asked me to."

"No problem. I just wanted you out of here. I didn't want you alone on Christmas."

"So you really didn't want to invite me?" I laughed.

"Of course not! I mean, it was sincere! But you can't just refuse a invitation like this!"

"Well, I think you're right. Sure Mige, it will be lovely. I'm happy they thought of me."