29. And Love Said No

I quickly took a shower and searched for some tee shirts. He had loads of black shirts, I picked one that was longer. There was something written in Finnish on it.

The bed was a mess. I removed the sheets and picked up our clothes in the living room. I took the sheet to the laundry and searched for a new one. Ville wasn't the most organised person, and with all circumstances I tried to help best I could.

I laid in bed and waited for at least half an hour, and no signal of him. I then went upstairs to this little studio, and I heard him humming something when I got near. I stood by the door, he was writing something, his acoustic guitar in his hands. He held his hair in a lower bun, like I saw in one of his old videos. Handsome as always. As he was very focused, I let him work and went back to bed and fell asleep.

I woke up when I felt his weight beside me on the bed. I was groogy, trying to open my eyes. "Sorry I woke you up. Go back to sleep, love." He whispered and kissed me, and I didn't remember anything else.

In the morning, I felt his arms around me and I smiled, that was the best feeling in the world. "Morning, kulta. Why are you smiling?" I turned to him immediately. "Morning, dear. Did I sleep too much?"

"No, it's still early. If you want to sleep more." He caressed my hair and pulled me closer to him, and I buried my face in his neck. I felt a hint of melancholy in his eyes. Maybe I was seeing too much, but truth to be told I was a little worried.

"Do you wanna grab breakfast?" I asked.

"Sure. Why don't we go out? Although it seems freezing outside. But I have to go to the studio anyway. Will you join us today?"

"I have to change. Can I go later?"

"Sure, as you wish. And bring some extra clothes so you don't have to go back to your place all the time. Leave some here, if you want." He was looking at me attentively.

"Okay. I can do this."

"So, let's eat breakfast somewhere, and from there I have to visit the doctor. It will be quick, I think. If you wanna go with me. From there, I'll go to the studio. You can come whenever you want."

"Okay. Hey, what's written in here?" I pointed to the tee shirt. He gave a funny look. "Aikuisten Lelukauppa is my father's store."

"Oh. That one."

"You should go there some other time." He had a malicious look.

"We should go, sure. You'll give me a tour. And we could buy some stuff."

He gave me a surprise look. "Do you forget it's my father's store? I don't want him to imagine what we're doing in bed." He laughed. "Anyways, we could go there and say hello."

"Sure. I want to know the place you used to work as well."

"Yeah, let's revisit the old times. It's going to be fun."

He took some pills before we left. He explained me he would stop them all, if the doctor allowed him today. He felt fine, he wasn't smoking and didn't feel like drinking. His sleep was way better as well.

We went to his favourite coffee shop, as it was near the doctor's office. "Fuck. There's someone snapping pictures of us." He said, looking at the window. "Well, I don't care." He said as he held my hand, over the table. He was sitting by my side. "It's good to come here with you. I've spent a lot of time here, writing, thinking about life, and their coffee is great. I hope I get to know your favorite places as well."

"I hope so. Do you guys think about touring in Brazil one day?"

"Sure, but it's not up to us, unfortunately. We sell well in South America, but tours are expensive. I can ask Seppo what he thinks about it. I could meet your family and maybe your mother would hate me less. Or even more."