|Chapter 169 : Brief Visits and Walks|

"Hey, Amelia" Lifting my head from my book I raised my eyebrows surprised, Nadia standing at the end of my bed with a small smile as I closed my book and sat it down

"How're you feeling?"

Okay... bored

"I'm not surprised, the hospital wing is a dreary place to spend so much continuous time"

I'm glad you understand.

Dropping the board down so she could see it she gave a small laugh, clearly not catching onto the tone I was trying to get across while she tapped her nails against the metal bar at the bottom of the bed

"Your professors have asked me if you'd like to start catching up with coursework again"

Okay

"I've been given some recommended reading and work for you to do, but they stressed that there was no need for you to do it, it's up to you if you want to. Aside from potions, you've been asked to complete it for next Wednesday" she told me, setting down a few books and sheets of parchment at the bottom of my bed as I nodded and she sighed slightly

"Well, sorry, to cut this so short but I have training to get to. I'll see you soon Amelia" she told me with a smile, straightening up and walking off as she blew me a kiss laughing and I stared at her expressionlessly as she vanished and I rolled my eyes at the short interaction she gave. Grabbing the book from the end of the bed I looked at the instructions inside from Snape with what I needed to write about for the assignment.

Having been writing painfully slowly for the last few hours I used my wand as my source of light as I stared down at my writing, it being somewhat neater than usual and readable as I finished my essay off and leaned forward and tucked it inside the cover of the book before looking around the dark hospital wing with a sense of slight grief, not knowing when I'd be allowed to go back to my dorm. After sitting for awhile thinking, I finally pulled myself off my bed, my feet on the cold ground as I held myself steady for a second, the weight feeling abnormal to my feet as I shuffled about slowly, reaching the curtain as I slipped past it and peered around the dark and empty wing. Shuffling warily towards the door I made my way over slowly before struggling to pull the door open I finally slipped out, the corridors feeling cool as I breathed out a sigh of relief, a smile getting the better of me as I slowly disappeared off down the hallway. Eventually coming across a little window ledge I stopped and pulled myself up onto it with a slight struggled while drawing my knees to my chest as I looked out the glass and towards the black lake, a slight shimmer on the surface from the reflection of the moon as I let the time pass, watching before the sun slowly started to paint the sky in tones of dark orange and light pink. Finally pulling myself away from the window I made my way back to the hospital, watching a cat slip down the corridor right against the wall, giving a small laugh as I waved at her, watching her pace slow and her head watch me as I reached the doors. Closing the door quietly behind me as I looked out into the hall, the cat sitting and watching from the middle of the floor as I smiled slightly before turning and shuffling back towards the curtain and climbing into bed, pulling the covers up to my chin.