Haunted

It was a dark, Halloween night, in Mystic Falls as Vicki got ready to bite Jeremy, vamped out. When Elena saw that, she ran towards her with a piece of wood in her hands.

"No!" she said to Vicki.

Vicki turned to face her and through the wood away, before Elena could hit her with it.

Elena ran for the door, but before she could get close enough to open it, Vicki bit into the side of her neck hungrily, too blood crazed to know whom she was feeding from. Elena cried out in pain, as she bit her.

Suddenly, twenty minutes later, Katherine through her off Elena after arriving. Family was everything to her and Elena was her family. Then Damon arrived, a moment after Vicki drank from Elena, after she through Katherine into a corner that had lumber wood. Damon grabbed her from behind, pulling her off as Jeremy yelled, "Vicki, stop!"

Vicki tried to get him off her.

Damon pinned her against a wall with a hand around her throat.

"I'm sorry. You could've turned out okay. But you hurt Elena," he apologized, before he staked her with a piece of wood.

"Vicki!" Jeremy yelled.

"Elena will explain tomorrow," Damon told him, as he let go of her.

Elena put a hand on the wall by the door to keep from falling. She felt light headed and everything seemed so far away, as she watched everything.

Damon stood in front of her.

"Elena, do you trust me?"

"Yes."

"You need to heal. You need my blood," he informed her calmly.

"Damon?" she said.

He caught her, as she lost her balance. He kept her on her feet, as he bit his wrist and held it out to her.

She knew he was right, so she put her lips to his wrist and drank, trusting him.

After he knew she had had enough, he took his wrist away and told her brother, as he faced him, "Get Elena home. Don't let her leave until tomorrow. And watch her. I need to help Katherine."

Jeremy obliged.

Damon knelt in front of the pile of wood where his Sire lay. She was half buried in the pile and he could smell fresh blood. He tossed the wood off her and picked her up, before gently laying her down on the pavement. He pulled the piece of wood out of her left side and tossed it away.

He looked down at her, as her wound began to heal. He had to do something with Vicki's body, but he couldn't leave Kat alone. He had to be with her when she woke up. He didn't know how fast she healed from a broken neck.

"I'll be back as soon as I can," he whispered in her right ear.

He got to his feet to go dispose of Vicki's body.

Half an hour later, he came back after dumping Vicki's body into the river.

He knelt down and gently pulled her into his arms, before getting to his feet and carrying her in his arms, heading home.

Kat came to to see Damon seated on her bedside. Her head hurt and she felt a little delirious.

"Where am I?" she had to ask.

"Home. You're in my room."

"Does it always feel like this?"

"It depends. Have you ever gotten a broken neck before?"

"No."

"Then I guess it's a first time for everything."

She rested the palm of her right hand in the middle of her forehead lightly.

He watched her.

She groaned.

"What's wrong?" he asked her.

"My head hurts."

She put her head down to rest at her side.

"What else?"

"I feel delirious."

"Sit up," he said. "Slowly."

He watched her, as she obeyed. Then he bit his wrist and held it out to her.

"You probably just need blood and then rest."

She drank.

A few minutes later, he took it away and it instantly healed.

She layed back down slowly.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. I'll get you some human blood later; just rest."

He kissed her forehead lightly and then got to his feet.

She watched him leave the room, before closing her eyes to go to sleep.

The next day, everyone got better that was attacked the previous night. So they all lived as happily ever after as they could. After all, this was Mystic Falls. Anything was bound to happen sooner or later.