I Know What You Did Last Summer (10th revised version)

Summary: Set in S5E1 "I Know What You Did Last Summer." Despite the weather, can Damon find her in time? Will she be okay? Will she live?

It was a dark, rainy night, as Damon searched for Katherine. Because of the rain and wind, he couldn't use his vampire abilities to find her. He had to locate her, though. He didn't know how much longer she would last, and it was his fault she was out in this weather. He had broken his promise that he would protect her from Silas, when he had told Jeremy to go back to the boarding house. He knew she would run, but he didn't know it was going to be this bad. According to how much of her blood was at the car crash site, she was in terrible condition. She had definitely lost a lot of blood. She was a fighter and survivor, but could she fight for her life long enough for him to locate her, or would he be too late? She couldn't die. Not like this. Not when he was just seeing a glimpse of who she used to be; before anger, hatred, determination, and heartbreak had changed her into something she didn't deserve to be.

An hour later, in the middle of the woods, he saw her on her back on the ground.
He was instantly knelt at her side, looking down at her, using his senses to assess her state. Now that he was beside her, he could use his abilities to take care of her.
As he looked down at her, there was blood everywhere and she was very pale with blue lips, eyes closed, head to the right, not breathing, heart not beating, soaked from the rain and cold to the touch. He assumed she had been like this for almost an hour, but he had to try.
He bit his wrist and put it to her lips, making his blood go down her throat to heal her. Then, once her wounds were healed, he took his wrist away, which instantly healed. He then did heart compressions to try and revive her.

Twenty minutes later, he heard her heart beating and breathing. She was still unconscious, though.
He sighed in relief and pulled her gently into his arms.
"Let's get you out of here," he said, before getting to his feet with her in his arms and then vanishing.

Once he had layed her gently down on his bed and had put her in some dry clothes of hers, he sat on her bedside, hand in her left one, and waited for her to come to, looking down at her.

A few hours later, she started to come to, murmuring his name.
"Katherine?" He called to her.
"Damon," she said softly.
"I'm right here," he assured his ex site.
She opened her eyes and looked up at him.
He took his hand out of hers and rested it on the left side of her face, instead.
"I am so sorry, Katherine."
"Why?" She questioned weakly. She was still recovering from her death and resurrection.
"Silas told me that he would tell me where Stefan is if I handed you over to him."
"Apology accepted," she weakly replied.
"Sleep. Restore your strength. Sleep is the best thing for you right now."
"Stay with me?" She asked of him, not wanting to be alone after dying.
"Of course," he agreed.
They smiled at each other.

The next day, he was back to her full strength and herself.