Catch Me If You Can (2nd revised version)

It was a dark night, as Elena walked through the dark caves, looking for Silas' tomb.
Suddenly, she saw someone. She blurred towards her to try and stop her, as she yelled, "No!" She got thrown against a cave wall, though. Then her mirror image was out of sight.
A moment later, Damon was in front of her.
"Elena, are you okay? What happened?"
"She's here," she informed him.
He didn't have to ask who. He knew who she meant. His former lover and Elena's bloodline, as well as his sire; Katherine. Why she would want the cure was beyond him, but he would rather deal with Katherine and get the cure than for someone else to do it.
"Get everyone out of here and go with them. I'll deal with her and get the cure," he told his childe.
She did as she was told, trusting him.

By the time everyone was out of there, Katherine had grabbed the cure from Silas and had left Silas' tomb.
When she was half way away from Silas' tomb a ways, large and small pieces of rock from the caves began falling. Then it was like an earthquake that would never stop.
A few minutes later, Damon found her.
He began to walk towards her.
"What the Hell are you doing here, Katherine?"
"Isn't it obvious? I want the same thing you want."
"You're 500 years old. What would you'd possibly want with the cure?"
"Klaus wants it destroyed so it can't be used against him. I want my freedom."
"You're going to hand the cure over to Klaus in exchange for your freedom," he realized.
Even though he wanted it for Elena so she could be human again, he had to admit that that was a smart move on Katherine's behalf. He had always admired her for her intelligence. She was too smart for her own good, though.
He was about to demand her to give him the darn cure, when he got hit with some large pieces of cave rocks. Then everything went black.
She was about to go to her elder childe to help him, when she felt pain. Then everything went black.

Once he had woken up, he unburied himself and then scanned for his sire.
"Katherine," he said, seeing a hand between some rocks.
He blurred over and started taking rocks off the pile, being careful as to not make the boulder on top dig any further down. She was a vampire, but she could still get hurt or killed. And as he removed cave rocks and began working on the boulder, he used vamp hearing to listen for anything from his sire. Sure, he hated her, but there was still a part of him that was connected to her. He didn't want her to die. Besides, she wasn't exactly evil. Her life just made her what she was these days. What she did in the past and present, she did to survive.

When the pile had been removed from on top of her, he knelt beside her and looked down at her. There was a rebar protruding from the middle of her chest and blood on either side of her head. Her skin started to look cracked and pale.
He pulled the piece of wood out of her chest and gently sat her against him, her head up against his chest. He then bit his wrist and put it to her lips, making his blood go down her throat.
"Stay with me, Katherine. You're not dying tonight," he pleaded, but didn't know if she could hear him or not.
He couldn't believe that he was saving his sire's life after everything.
As his blood went down her throat, her chest and side wound disappeared and her skin color returned to normal.
A few minutes later, he took his wrist away, which instantly healed.
He gently layed her back down on her back. He then put the cure in his jacket, before pulling her into hsi arms and walking away with her in his arms. She'd be okay now, but he had to get himself and her out of the caves.