The Dark Knight

It was a beautiful day, as Katherine Pierce walked into her residential home. And that's when she sensed someone else. She was standing by the threshold to the living room, when she turned around.

"Hello, Katherine. Klaus sends his regards," he said, as he stabbed her in the middle of her chest.

"James," she said in shock. And then, as a scent wafted over her and she heard Damon yell, "Katherine!", she was barely able to say, "Come in," inviting him inside.

As Damon through James away from her, she staggered back once before losing her balance. And then, as she lay on her back, she knew the dagger had vervain on it.

Damon through the werewolf against a wall, ripped his heart out, and dropped it before racing over to his Sire.

He knelt down beside her and pulled the dagger out, tossing it to the floor, and looked down at her.

As her wound healed, he helped her up as he got to his own feet.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Like I just got vervained."

He saw that she didn't look good.

"Katherine, look at me."

She tried to do as he said.

"Focus, Kat," he said, for once in a long time, using his nickname for her.

"Damon," she said.

As she collapsed, he caught her from hitting the floor with a hand between her shoulder blades, an arm holding her up. Then he left the house to go home with her in his arms, knowing she would be okay once the vervain was out of her system. Blood would help, but not his. It would give her more vervain, since he mixed a little of vervain with alcohol every day and night. She needed someone else's. Maybe Elena would be willing.

Later, she awoke after Elena had given her some of her blood. Katherine could see that she was on the couch at the boarding house with Elena and Damon by the couch with worried faces.

"I'll be fine," she assured them, as she slowly sat up.