I'll Be There For You

Summary: Set in S5. Basically "Dead Man On Campus" centered. Based on "I'll Be There For You" by Bon Jovi.

*1492- Bulgaria*

I guess this time you're really leaving

I heard your suitcase say goodbye

Well as my broken heart lies bleeding you say true love is suicide

You say you've cried a thousand times

And now you're swimming for the shore

You left me drowning in my tears

And you won't save me anymore

Now I'm praying to God you'll give me one more chance, girl

It was a dark night as Katerina Petrova, recently turned, wept over her mother after finding her entire village, including her parents, slaughtered. She knew it had to be Klaus. He was the only monster she knew of that would do this.

After she wept over her mother, she fled from Bulgaria with hatred for Klaus and grief over her mother.

*I Know What You Did Last Summer*

I'll be there for you

These five words I swear to you

When you breathe I want to be the air for you

I'll be there for you

I'd live and I'd die for you

I'd steal the sun from the sky for you

Words can't say what love can do

I'll be there for you

Damon came home to a silent house after having a drink at the Bar and Grille, smelling blood and sensing that something was wrong. He knew now that he shouldn't have left her alone, but he'd thought that even as a human, she could protect herself. Now he knew that he was wrong, because he could smell blood and knew something had happened.

He blurred to the bathroom and saw her in his bathtub with a knife in her side. He blurred to the bathtub and gently but quickly lifted her out and onto the towel on the floor, before pulling the knife out and using another towel to tie around her wound.

He looked down at her to see that she was pale with blue lips and he couldn't hear anything from her, so he bent down and kissed her, giving her some air.

"Come on, Katherine. Breathe for me," he said after a few tries.

Ten minutes later, she coughed, revived, and saw Damon.

"What happened?" he asked her, as calmly as he could. Innerly, for some reason, he didn't know why, but he wanted to tear apart whoever had done this to her.

"Silas happened," she replied.

"Don't worry. We'll get rid of him. Just go get ready and rest," he replied, before leaving the bathroom.

*As I Lay Dying*

I know you know we've had some good times