Help

Summary: Post season three episode when Damon got Elena out of the hospital. What if Katherine knew what Klaus had done to Elena? Will she risk her own life and maybe Damon's to save Elena from fully being drained of her blood? Will she drag Damon into it? Does she care or does she not care about Elena?

It was a dark night, as Katherine Pierce watched from afar as Klaus carried an unconscious Elena through the doors of the hospital. She automatically knew that something was up, so she ran at vamp speed towards the Salvatore mansion. She had to tell Damon and they had to go rescue her.

Katherine walked into the mansion and closed the door behind herself. Damon was nowhere to be seen, but she could smell his scent as it wafted over her. He was upstairs.

"Damon, I need your help. Elena's in trouble," she called to him at a normal tone. They were vampires. They didn't need to yell to be heard from afar.

Damon was instantly in front of her.

"What's wrong? Where's Elena?"

She explained to him what she had seen and without further do, they raced at vamp speed towards the hospital to save Elena from Klaus' clutches.

A few minutes later, they walked into the deserted hospital. Lights were on but there wasn't any nurses or other people around. As they walked through the halls, they used their senses to find her. They could smell her scent and it was getting closer.

Suddenly, without warning, Klaus and Rebekah through them from behind. Katherine hit a surgical table and a syringe filled with something stuck into her right shoulder. When she landed on her side on the floor, she stayed there and didn't move.

Damon got to his feet and grabbed Klaus. He luckily had a stake with him and staked him in the chest and watched him fall to the ground before rushing over and kneeling down by his Sire. As he was rushing over, Rebekah knelt down beside her brother.

"Katherine, can you hear me?"

He gently rolled her onto her back and then pulled the syringe out, setting it down. He saw it was only anesthetic and would only make her fall asleep for a bit.

As her vision blurred she tried to stay awake. She wanted to answer him, but couldn't. Not verbally nor telepathically. As he moved his hand between her shoulder blades and moved his arm under her legs, everything went black for her. As he picked her up, she went limp in his arms as she passed out.

Damon ran back home at vamp speed and gently layed his sire down onto the couch and then kissed her forehead before running back.

He walked into Elena's room and stood beside her. He looked at her before taking all the tubes off her and unhooking her from everything. Then he picked her up in his arms and ran at vamp speed to get home and to his room. He then layed her carefully down in his bed and kissed her before looking down at her again. He then bit his wrist and put it to her lips, as he positioned her head back in his free arm, as to let his blood go down her throat.

After a few minutes, he gently layed her head back down on the pillow, his wrist away from her lips and at his side. Soon after his wrist had healed, she came to slowly and saw him and where she was.

"Thanks," she said, guessing who it was that had saved her from getting all her blood drained. She had somehow survived yet again. She was a survivor.

He looked down at her.

"You're welcome. How do you feel?"

"Better."

"You can come down when you feel like it," he told her before vanishing from the room.

He knelt down by the couch on the floor at his sire's side. He cared about her deeply, but loved Elena. If either of them died, a piece of him would die, too.

He held her hand.

"Kat, can you hear me?"

Silence. It was all darkness and cold inside her head. The only things he saw were her true feelings she felt for both of the brothers and all of her past. For the first time, he realized this wasn't the first time Klaus had been in Mystic Falls or had even met Katherine. He saw her human self running for her life. Then her vampiress self keeping as far from him as she could until he came back in the present year. He ignored all the rest, since he knew everything else about her. He then came out of her head and sensed Elena walk up to him.

"What happened?" she asked.

"Klaus."

Just then, his sire stirred and groggily looked at him.

"Thanks for helping me."

"No need, Kat. You're my sire. I'll always know when and if you need me. I'll always be there for you."

They smiled at each other. Then Elena joined in, smiling at the both of them with love.