The Murder of One (2nd revised version)

Summary: Post "Murder of One" S3E22. Elena goes by herself to rescue Damon, only to find a helpless Katherine and a werewolf on the way. Can she save both vampires in time?

It was a dark night in Mystic Falls, Virginia as Elena Gilbert drove her SUV towards the forest in hopes of saving Damon Salvatore. Rebekah Mikaelson was torturing Damon in revenge for him using her.
Suddenly, on the Whickery bridge not far from the forest, Katherine Pierce, her vampiress descendant, rolled onto the road. In the next instant, a silver werewolf started stalking towards the vampiress, teeth bared in a snarl and growling.
Elena stopped her car. She knew she couldn't let it kill her. She had to save Katherine. So she got out of the car and looked around for a weapon. There wasn't much, so she started throwing big rocks at it , still keeping her distance, knowing how dangerous werewolves could be.
"Get away from her!" she yelled at it, as she through them at it.
The silver werewolf looked at her, as she through the rocks.
"Get out of here!" she yelled.
Finally, after about five minutes of looking at Elena, it fled back into the forest.
She dropped a rock she had in her hand and ran towards the vampiress. She then knelt at her side.
"Katherine. Can you hear me, Katherine?"
No response nor movement.
As she looked down at the vampiress who lay on her back, she saw several scratches and a bite to her right shoulder. And she was out cold.

A few minutes later, Elena was driving towards the forest to get to Klaus' place. Klaus' blood was the cure. Hopefully, he had a vial of his blood somewhere at home. And she was heading there anyway to save Damon's life.

As she parked half way from the house, Katherine slowly came to.
"You're awake. Just in time," Elena said.
"For what?"
"Getting the cure and saving Damon from Rebekah torturing him for revenge."
Elena got out, closed the door, opened the passenger door, and put an arm around Katherine. Katherine did likewise with the human.
Once out and the passenger's door closed, they slowly walked towards the house with an arm around one another, Elena using her body weight to hold her up, the vampiress barely able to walk.

A few minutes later, as they entered the living room, the vampiress blacked out. Elena gently layed her down on the floor on her back. She then searched for Klaus' blood.

Once she found it, she knelt at her side and used one hand to lift her head, positioning her head back, putting the vial to her lips, making it go down her throat. She then gently layed her head back down after the vial was empty. Then she waited a few minutes for her to come to.
When she didn't come to after a few minutes, she left the room to find Damon and Rebekah, listening silently for where they were.

Once she found the room, she rushed in.
"Stop!" Elena shouted at Rebekah who had a knife in her hand.
Rebekah turned around and dropped the knife, not needing it for Elena.
"How heroic, convenient, and stupid of you."
"Let him go, Rebekah. He has had enough."
"So you say."
Rebekah was instantly in front of her, hand to Elena's throat, Elena up against a wall not far from the open door.
"Any last words?" the Original asked.
"Go to hell."
Elena stabbed her with a dagger in her gut and Rebekah let go.
"Bitch!" she exclaimed, before Elena pulled it out and daggered her in the middle of her chest.
As the Original fell to the floor, Elena ran to and unchained an unconscious Salvatore. She caught him from hitting the floor and put an arm around him, his arm around her shoulders, and started walking towards the living room, using her body weight to hold him up.

Soon, she had him on his back on the floor after feeding the unconscious vampire some human blood from a blood bag.
She knelt at his side.
He slowly started to come to.
"Damon. Can you hear me, Damon?" she called, as he started to come to.
"Elena?"
He looked up at her.
She helped him to his feet.
"I saved you. Again."
"I know."
"I saved Katherine, too. She had a werewolf problem."
He looked down at his Sire.
"Let's get out of here," he replied, picking Katherine gently up in his arms and heading for the door.

Not long afterward, they were at the Salvatore boarding house in Damon's room. She lay in his bed, Elena seated at her bedside.

Half an hour later, she came to.
"Elena? Damon?" she said softly, smelling their scent.
"We're right here, Katherine," Elena told her.