Danger In the Third Degree

Summary: Set in S5. Now that Katherine's human, she needs protection. And what better protection than Damon Salvatore? What happens though, when Damon and Stefan's old enemy get in the way, and tortures her to get to Damon? Will Damon risk his life for her?

It was a dark night in Mystic Falls, Virginia as Katherine Pierce, formerly Katerina Petrova, walked down streets alone, head down to conceal herself from being recognized. She was human, so she was heading for the Salvatore boarding house. She needed to ask for protection. She had too many enemies scattered around the world. Protection was vital to her. She saw herself as a weak, helpless, insignificant human just as most would now.
Suddenly, not far from the boarding house, she found herself facing an enemy. It was a male vampire.
She took a step back.
"Katherine Pierce," he said with a smile.
"Who are you?" she asked him.
"Warlow. You don't know me, but your Salvatores do. Now come with me."
She backed up a couple more paces.
"I don't think so," she replied, getting the sense that he might be their enemy.
He grabbed her roughly by the left arm.
"You're human. What can you do to stop me?" he said.
"Nothing. But that doesn't mean I'll tell you anything."
He knew she'd fight all the way there, so, at vamp speed, he pinned her against a brick wall, hand tightly around her throat.
"We're going to have so much fun together," he said, with an evil smile.
She gasped, as she tried to get him off, breathe, and stay awake, but she couldn't. Then, everything went black for her.

When she woke up, she was in a basement chained to a wall. She felt light-headed and weak, but she didn't know why until she saw that she was bleeding.
"Nice of you to join me," Warlow greeted. "Now let's announce to him that you need help."
He took her phone out and went to her contacts.
"No," she protested.
He ignored her.
"Stefan or Damon?" he questioned, before making up his mind and saying,"How about Damon."
He put it on speaker and called him, the other hand with a knife, as he stood in front of her.
"Katherine," Damon answered.
"Remember me? It's Warlow. Now, I have her. If you want her alive, we're in the basement of a house on Saint John's parkway."
For good measure, he took the knife and stabbed her in the side.
She screamed in pain.
He pulled it out.
"Better hurry. She's human and she's dying," he urged him.
He smirked.
"It's a trap. Don't get yourself killed over me," she informed him.
"Shut up," Warlow growled.
"Go to hell," she said to him.
He stabbed her in the gut, and then he took the knife out.
"As I said, you should go," Warlow said, as Damon listened.
Damon growled, as he heard her, knowing they were both right.
Warlow hung up on him.
She gasped in pain, as she started to black out.

Damon Salvatore informed Elena where he was going, before he left with her brother. After all, Jeremy was a Hunter. Killing vampires was his instinct, and Warlow was a vampire.

When Warlow and Jeremy started to face off, Damon headed over to his sire. He had to take care of her. She was human now. She had many enemies. Warlow was his. She was just caught in the middle.
He was instantly in front of her.
"If you can hear me, stay with me, Katherine," he urged her, as he used inhuman strength to unchain her.
He caught her, as an out cold Katherine fell when the chains were off her. He then left the house at vamp speed and gently layed her down. He then bit his wrist and put it to her lips, making his blood go down her throat to heal her. And as he did, he looked down at her. She was covered in blood from Warlow's torture.
"Stay with me, Kat. If you can hear me, I'll protect you. Just don't die."

Three days later, when she was healed, she slowly came to to see Damon seated on her bedside.
When she was awake, it relieved him to know that she'd be okay. So, everybody lived as happily ever after as they could. After all, Warlow was dead and Damon was protecting Katherine, but they still had to figure out how to get rid of Silas.