Saved By Her Childe

Summary: Set in S6. What if Kat ran into Kai? What if Damon ended up in 1994, instead of Bonnie being with him? What if Damon ran into Kat? What if Kai did to Kat what, in the show, he did to Bonnie? Will Damon help Kat? What will ensue?

It was a beautiful day in the 1994 prison world, as Katherine ran from Kai and into a room at the hospital. She had just been stabbed by Kai in the lower stomach with a knife. She knew it wouldn't take long for him to find out where she had gone, but she had to take care of her wound. She was losing a lot of blood and she couldn't die; she wouldn't; Especially, not like this.

Before she could get some bandages, she heard Kai calling to her. Then, a moment later, she saw him in the room.

He approached and she backed away from him and into the counter.

"This is my prison world, Katherine. You can't run or hide from me for long. You know, all of this could've been prevented if you had just worked with me to get out of here," he replied.

"Go to hell!" she said, before grabbing a vase from the counter and hitting him with it. She then kicked him, making him stagger back. Then she half ran and half limped away.

After Damon found himself in what looked to be a version of Mystic Falls, he saw what looked to be a human Katherine, from a distance, injured, with a hand over her lower stomach, half limping and half walking.

He sighed.

Great. Just great, he thought. If someone could hurt her like that, whoever it was, they could hurt him too most likely.

Suddenly, he saw someone come up behind her and put hands on her arms.

"You're no use to me, Katherine. If you are going to be against me, I'm going to take every ounce of Traveler magic you have left. You know that'll kill you when I'm done," he heard him say.

She gasped when he touched her arms, already being drained by him.

"Go to hell," she wanted to yell, but it came out almost a whisper, as weakness came and everything started to go black.

As he stood there and watched, Damon debated on whether to save her or not. She had put them through hell, but if she had Traveler magic, she could help him get back home.

Making up his mind, he vamp-sped towards the scene and cut his head off from behind with one quick reflex of an arm.

He knelt beside his sire and could tell that he had stopped him just in time. She was pale from both being drained and from blood loss, but he could see with vamp eyesight that she still had a pulse. He could also hear a heartbeat, though she had very slow and shallow breathing; too slow for his liking. And with vamp smelling, the blood she was still losing, which was too much, was almost overwhelming for his heightened senses.

As he knelt there, he debated on how to save her. She was human, and in the real world, she hadn't been able to digest vampire blood. He knew he had to do something or she would die, though.

He put her left arm around his shoulder, pulling her gently into his arms, crook of arm supporting her head, and bit his wrist, putting it to her lips, making his blood go down her throat to heal her wound and hopefully, if he was lucky, save her life.

A few minutes later, after her wound had healed and her color and breathing had gone back to normal, he took his wrist away, which instantly healed, and sighed in relief. He then gently picked her up in his arms, as he got to his feet.

Hours later, when she woke up, she found herself on the couch in the Salvatore boarding house living room, Damon seated on the couch by her, obviously having been waiting for her to wake up.

"Damon?" she questioned. "When did you get here?"

"About the time you were nearly killed. Don't worry. I severed his head."

He gave a smirk at that last sentence.

She slowly sat up and he helped her.

"Thanks," she said.

She gave a smile and he smiled back.

In the end, after she was fully recovered, they used her Traveler magic and the ascendant to go back home.