Black Knight

Summary: Set in S5E after Silas fed from Katherine, but different. Damon and Elena weren't there. Elena doesn't know about Katherine being back in Mystic Falls. Caroline found Silas feeding on Katherine, before he could finish, and Caroline helped her. This is after Caroline is back at Whitmore and Damon goes to the hospital to take Katherine back to the boarding house. Read to find out.

It was a dark night as Damon Salvatore searched for Katherine Pierce at the hospital. It was a lot like de'ja'vu for him. He'd been down this road before when Elena had been human. Now Katherine was the human and having to be rescued, instead of Elena. Once again, he was surrounded by doppelgangers that were repeating each other. And between Elena and Katherine, it drove him crazy. He loved Elena, but he still cared about Katherine. And now that Katherine was human, she wasn't so bad to have around. Besides, Elena was busy with college, so what little time he spent helping and protecting Katherine, he wanted to keep secret from Elena. If Elena found out, she'd most likely kill Katherine before Damon could stop her.
When he found her room, he walked inside and went to stand at her bedside. He gently took the ivy out of her arm and detached her from the machine, before gently picking her up in his arms and walking out.
Unlike Elena when she had been human, Katherine didn't wake up. The only reason Katherine was here was because she'd needed a lot of blood after Silas had fed from her. Damon hadn't even been home at the time when it had happened. He'd arrived after and had been told by Caroline what had happened.

An hour later, he had her in his bed and was seated on her bedside, waiting for her to come to. And when she woke up, he knew that she'd be okay, which relieved him.