Bloodlines

It was a dark night in Georgia, as the vampire through Damon to the ground and beat him repeatedly with a bat. Then he stopped and lit a match.
"This is for Lexi."
He through it to the ground and turned around to walk up to Elena.
"Now for a midnight snack."
He went to stand behind her.
"No," Damon said, but was in too much pain to do anything to stop him.
He bit into the side of her neck and she gasped in pain. Then he bit deeper and started to drink her blood.
Suddenly, as Elena went limp and pale in his arms, he was thrown against a wall from behind not far from Damon. Then, as the vampire waited to heal, he saw Katherine with Elena in her arms, feeding the human her blood. He then saw her carry her to the car and lay her gently down in the backseat. Then the guy stood up and Katherine was instantly in front of him. She grabbed him by the throat with a hand and an angry face. Then she plunged a stake into his chest.
"That's for nearly killing my family."
She watched him fall dead, before using her jacket to put out the fire before he could get burnt.
She knelt at his left side.
"Damon, it's me. Can you hear me?" she called.
He slowly opened his eyes and weakly looked up at her.
"Katherine," he whispered.
"I'm taking you and Elena home," she informed him.
He closed his eyes, as everything went black.
A few minutes later, Katherine Pierce was driving to Mystic Falls in his Impala, Damon unconscious in the passenger's seat.

An hour later, she parked on the curb in front of the Gilbert residence. She got out, closing the driver's side door, before going around and opening the back seat door and gently picking her up in her arms. She closed the door and walked up to the front door.

Once there, she opened the front door and walked in, closing the door behind herself.
"Elena?" she heard Alaric call from the kitchen.
"It's me. I saved Elena and Damon's lives. Make sure she doesn't die. I had to give her some of my blood. A vampire bit her," Kat explained to him, as he walked into the hall. "I'm leaving her in her room," she added, before going upstairs.
Ric watched her go.

Kat gently layed her on her bed. Then she left the house and drove Damon home.

Half an hour later, the car was parked in the driveway and Damon lay on his own bed on his back, Katherine seated at his bedside. She bit her wrist and put it to her lips, making her blood go down his throat. Then, a few moments later, she took her wrist away and it instantly healed.

An hour later, he came to see Kat seated at his bedside.
"Katherine."
"I saved your life and Elena's," she informed him.
"Thanks."
"You're welcome."
He sat up in bed.
"I'll be back, Damon. Restore your strength. I'm going to go check on Elena."
He watched, as she vanished out of his window.
Elena came to and sat up in bed to see Katherine seated by her window.
"Hello, Elena."
"Katherine?"
"It's me. I saved you and Damon's lives."
"Thanks."
"You're welcome."
Kat gave her a friendly smile.