Liberated

Summary: Set in S3 when Kat first woke up Mikael. Set in the last part of that one episode when he grabbed her, because he didn't eat anything she gave him. Instead, he bit her. Will she be okay? Will someone find her in time? Will she live?

It was a dark night as Katherine Pierce dangled a dead mouse over Mikael by the tail. With her free hand, she held her phone as she spoke.

"I've tried everything. I don't know what else to try. He won't wake up, Damon."

"Keep trying. Maybe there's a way that you haven't thought of yet," he suggested.

Just then, Mikael woke up.

"Here; Eat," she said.

"I don't eat those," Mikael told her.

As she unchained him she asked, "Then what do you eat?"

"You," he said with a growl.

He grabbed her and bit into the side of her neck. The phone dropped to the floor.

"Katherine!" Damon said, hearing everything. Then he hung up and sped out of his house to save her annoying ass.

Once he saw the scene, he through Mikael off her and caught her, as she collapsed. He gently layed her down and bit his wrist, putting it to her lips and making his blood go down her throat.

Soon after, he took his wrist away and gently picked her up in his arms, knowing she would be okay.

He looked at the Original.

"Come to my place when you're ready. Don't eat, or try to eat any more vampires."

Damon then vanished.