Hurt

Summary: Katherine comes back after killing Klaus' hybrids in S3 somewhere around "The Departed." She comes back hurt. Will she get to Damon in time, so she can get the cure? Will she live? Will she die?

It was a dark night, as Katherine Pierce drove her SUV back into Mystic Falls. She had killed Klaus' hybrids. But with a price. She had been attacked and bitten by them. They had been half werewolves, which meant she was dying slowly. So, she was heading for the Salvatore boarding house, in hopes Damon would be there and help her.

Half an hour later, she staggered into the boarding house and leaned heavily against the threshold of the doorway.

"Damon," she said, her vision blurred.

Damon turned around from pouring himself a glass of liquor, standing by his drinking table.

When he saw her, he set the glass and bottle down and at vamp speed, was instantly at her side.

"Katherine, what happened?" he asked, though he knew why she had left and figured what had happened.

"I killed Klaus' hybrids. They bit me," she was able to say before everything started to narrow and grow dim.

He caught her, as she lost her balance and grew weak, before she could hit the floor. He then picked her up in his arms and carried her upstairs to his room.

Once in his room, he gently layed her down. He then looked down at her and sighed.

"Hang in there, Kat."

No matter what the past, he wouldn't wish death upon her. She was his sire and he loved Elena, but deep down, would always love Katherine.

He took his cell phone out and called someone.

She picked up.

"Elena, it's me. Katherine's back and she's hurt. She killed his hybrids, but they bit her. I need you to take care of her, while I try and convince Klaus to give me his blood to cure her."

"Okay, I'm coming. Be careful, Damon."

He smirked.

"I always am."

"Right. Like that ever works."

They hung up.

He bent over and kissed her forehead. He gave her one last glance before vanishing at vamp speed. Both out of the room and out of the house to go get Klaus' blood to save his sire's life.

An hour later, Elena was seated at her bedside, wetting her face down with a wet washcloth, looking down at her.

Meanwhile, Damon stood in Klaus' living room trying to convince him.

Finally, Klaus gave in a few minutes later.

An hour later, Damon walked towards where Kat lay. She was so pale and still, barely breathing.

Elena got off the bed, cloth on the end table, and stepped out of his way.

Elena watched, as he lifted her head gently and poured a few drops down her throat, vial to her lips.

An hour later, as Damon stood over her, back of his hand trailing down the side of her face, she began to wake. By now, Elena was safely back at home.

Meanwhile, Rebekah went for a silent walk with her brother, Klaus. They were heading back home.