Liberater

Summary: Set in S1E when Stefan was tortured. What if Katherine had come to Mystic Falls in that episode and had helped. What if Elena when Elena had given him her wrist, Stefan couldn't stop? Will Elena die? Who will live?

It was a dark, rainy night, as Alaric Saltzman and Damon Salvatore headed towards a house in the middle of nowhere in Mystic Falls, Virginia.

Ric knocked.

One of the male vampires from the tomb answered.

Damon was hidden.

"Can I help you?" the vamp asked.

"My car broke down a mile up the road. This is the first house I saw. Can I use your phone?"

"Sure."

Ric walked in.

The vamp led him to the kitchen.

"There's the phone," the human woman said.

Ric grabbed one of his weapons and killed the vamp. He then turned the blender and water on.

Soon, the vamps in the living room went into the kitchen and were killed by Ric.

"What have you done?" the woman asked him.

He opened the back door where Damon stood.

"Invite him in."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I can't."

"Get her out here," Damon told him.

He obliged and Damon killed her.

They soon went in search of both the other vamps and Stefan.

Meanwhile, Elena and Stefan were in the woods.

Stefan lay on his back, weak, getting stronger by drinking from Elena's wrist. It had been Elena's idea, knowing he needed blood. But unknown to Elena, if he drinks human blood, he won't be able to stop. And now he couldn't stop.

Ric was fighting a couple bad ass vamps, while another bad ass had Damon on the floor on his back and was on top of him. He was trying to stake Damon.

Suddenly, the vamp was thrown off of Damon and he looked up to see what had happened. And behold, there she was. Katherine Pierce. Then the boss vamp came out to see the commotion. The one that had kicked Damon's ass earlier.

After several attempts, Damon finally staked him.

As he got to his feet, he saw Katherine losing against the vamp she was still fighting. In the next instance, he yelled out her name as he ran towards them, as the vamp she was fighting, staked her in the stomach and then daggered her in the chest.

Ric finished up with the vamps he had been fighting and then killed the last one. The one that had hurt her.

Damon held a firm grip on her arm to try and keep her on her feet. He didn't love her like he used to, but he still deeply cared for her, even though he never showed it. Until now.

"Easy. Easy," he said, as he kept her on her feet and she started to lose her balance. He then pulled the stake out with his free hand and tossed it to the floor.

"Damon," she greeted.

She gave him a smile before everything went black for her.