Pictures Of You (4th revised version)

Summary: Set in S4E "Pictures Of You." What if Bonnie had used her magic on Katherine, instead of Elena? Will she be okay?

A/N: Damon and Kat aren't in love, but do care for each other in this one.

It was a dark night in Mystic Falls as Katherine Pierce cried out in pain, on her knees on the ground. Bonnie was slowly killing her with dark magic, thinking she was Elena who had tried to kill her earlier.
Her vision went gray and everything felt as if it was far away. And as everything began to go black, she heard someone yelling and smelled Damon's scent. Then she felt something under her.
When she collapsed, Bonnie stopped attacking her and walked away.
"Katherine!" Damon yelled, as he raced towards her, as he saw her collapse and Bonnie stop and walk off.
He knelt beside her and looked down at her, as he rested gentle hands on either side of her head. He listened to her breathing to asess her condition, while keeping an eye out for purple veins. Thankfully, there were none. Her breathing was labored though, and she was pale, too.
He gently pulled her into his arms and bit his wrist, putting it to her lips, making his blood go down her throat to help her.
A few minutes later, he took it away. He knew now that she'd be okay. He had saved her in time.
He got to his feet with her and headed home.