I Hate Everything About You, Why Do I Love You?

Summary: Set between the S6 finale and start of S7. Damon finds a hurt Kat. Will he save her? Can he save her? Based on the "I Hate Everything About You" song.

Every time we lie awake
After every hit we take
Every feeling that I get
But I haven't missed you yet...

It was a dark night in Mystic Falls, as Damon walked alone, a bottle of Bourbon in hand, drinking his emotions away. It was his way of dealing; the famous Damon Salvatore move.

Only when I stop to think about
I hate everything about you
Why do I love you?
I hate everything about you
Why do I love you?
Every time we lie awake
After every hit we take
Every feeling that I get
But I haven't missed you yet
Only when I stop to think about it...

Meanwhile, an injured and human Katherine walked into the Salvatore boarding house, vision going black, as she made her way to the living room. She needed help and Damon had once loved her the most out of the two Salvatores.

I hate everything about you
Why do I love you?
I hate everything about you
Why do I love you?

When Damon entered after finishing the bottle, he smelled the mixed scents of Katherine and human blood. So he followed the scents only to see her out, injured, and on her back by the couch. Knowing she was injured, he knew she was human. That, and the scent. He had seen her die a few months ago, so he didn't know how she was alive, but she somehow was. Having lost Elena, and even though he always told himself that he didn't care anymore, he decided to save her. They had and would always have a connection.
He knelt beside her and bit his wrist, putting it to her lips, making his blood go down her throat to heal and save her life.
A few minutes later, after her wounds had healed, he gently pulled her into his arms and went to his room.

An hour later, when she woke up, she found herself in Damon's bed with him seated on her bedside, healed.