Truth Be Told

Summary: Set somewhere in S3 when Ric was still human, but also a while after Kat left town. Ric finds a hurt Katherine and delivers her to Damon. Will Damon save her? What happens when Damon shows how much he cares about her? What happens when the truth about her past is found out? Will he keep it a secret from the enemy?

It was a dark night, as Alaric Saltzman walked the streets of Mystic Falls on duty. He was looking for signs of vampires, as he walked with his black bag that held his weapons.

Meanwhile, Katherine Pierce layed on her back, too weak to head the rest of the way to the Salvatore boarding house. So, she layed there in the middle of the dark alley not far from a wall. She just layed there on her back and gasped, as she tried to breathe.

The Vampire Hunter stopped and then headed into the alley, when he saw her. He headed towards her to check on her. He knew that she had left with hybrids after her, so he figured she probably came back for the cure.

He set his bag down and knelt beside her. He easily saw that she had been attacked. He knew it she was in bad condition. She couldn't breathe, and he couldn't see if she had been just attacked, or if she had been bitten. He guessed from her condition though, that she had been bitten quite a while ago. She was so pale, and she was starting to lose consciousness.

"Katherine?" he called gently.

"Ric...hybrids...bitten..." she explained, as she started to lose her vision.

"I'll get you to Damon," he told her.

As he slid one arm under her legs, her eyes close and her head rolled to the right. Then he put his bag over his right shoulder and slid his other arm under her, before he picked her up in his arms and carried her out of the alley.

Damon Salvatore had just set his empty shot glass down on his drinking table, when he smelled the scents of blood, Ric, and his Sire. As soon as he smelled those scents, he was instantly standing at the front door. He opened it before Ric could do anything.

"What happened?"

"I found her. She barely got to tell me that she was bitten by hybrids."

"I'll see if I have any of the cure left."

"And I'll go home."

She groaned, as she started to come to in Ric's arms.

Damon took her from Ric and watched him leave, before he closed the door.

She opened her eyes slowly.

"Damon?"

"It's me."

He set her on her feet and looked at her. She looked so weak, It was hard to see her now, as someone that had lied and played games with him. She looked so helpless now.

"How long ago, Kat?"

"Two hours."

"Let's get you in bed."

He put an arm around her and picked her up. He figured she probably wouldn't make it to the stairs. And as he used vamp speed to get to his room, she put weak arms around his neck and rested her head on his right shoulder, before she closed her eyes. He knew she was in worse condition than he had been a few years ago. But he had been bitten by a werewolf. Not hybrids.