Sustencer (Katherine, Caroline, Alaric, and Damon's POV)

Summary: Based off of a dream I had. Caroline Forbes sees a hurt Katherine. Will she help her? Does she care enough to save her life?

Katherine Pierce

It's a dark, cold night in Mystic Falls, Virginia as I stagger towards Elena Gilbert's house. The rain makes my bleeding wounds sting. It hurts so very much. I'm in excruciating pain. I was attacked by a werewolf tonight. I don't know who it was, but it was brown. It might've been a hybrid.
I grow weaker, as I stagger onto the walkway to her house. I can barely walk. Then I lose my balance as my vision grows dim. I land on my side and roll onto my back. And as I start to lose my sight, I hear Caroline Forbes say my name, at the same time I smell her scent close by.

Caroline Forbes

I'm heading towards the direction to Elena's to make sure Alaric is himself, when I smell her faint scent. Katherine. And when I spot her, I know immediately what happened to her. One word; werewolf. I can sense that she's fading. She must've been attacked a few hours ago or more.
"Katherine," I say, and then I'm instantly at her side, knelt down.

I never really cared much about her, what with all the games she plays and the revenge on Mason's death. He was a werewolf that Damon killed, knowing he was a spy for Katherine, and she would kill him eventually. But now that we know that she's Elena's bloodline, and I know Elena wouldn't wish her to cease to exist, I know I must help her.
"Hang in there, Katherine," I say.
I can see that she's half conscious. And she's barely able to go anywhere, I can guess from her scent and how she's looking about now. She looks pale, weak, and drained. And she's sweating badly.
"I'll help you get inside," I inform her.
I slide my hand underneath her between her shoulder blades, and as I sit her up, she puts her arm around my shoulders. As I get her to her feet, I use my body weight to hold her up. Then I walk up the walkway, onto the porch, and when I get ready to open the door, it opens to reveal Alaric Saltzman. I'm guessing he was getting ready to leave the house to go to the Mystic Grille.
"Werewolf," I explain, before he can ask. "She fell just outside," I add.

Katherine Pierce

I hear Alaric say, "I'm sure she appreciates the help. We'll get her the cure soon."
Just as he puts a hand on my free arm to help me inside, I start to sag down. I feel his gentle but firm grip on my arm, ready to catch me. Then everything goes black.
As I dream, I stand in a field where I see my ma' ma; I run to her and hug her and she hugs back with a smile.
"My Katerina," she says when we pull away and look at one another.
I'm as happy as I once was in my village, until she tells me the dreadful news.
"It's almost time, sweetheart. I'll guide you home where we'll be together forever."

"I wish to stay, but you can come with me," I tell her, thinking of my human and vampire family. What would they do without me?
"You have to let go, Katerina. Only then can you move on and finally come home."

Alaric Saltzman

I catch her from hitting the floor, my hand resting between her shoulder blades, holding her up. My right hand is behind her head. Then I look at Caroline.
"I'll keep an eye on her and have Elena call Damon. You should head home. It's getting late. Liz might start worrying since it's a full moon."
"I'll see you later," she replies, before vanishing.

A few minutes later, I have Katherine on Jenna's former bed where I sleep, one wet cloth on her forehead, the other I use for her face, as I sit on her bedside. She's growing whiter by the second, so every five minutes, I check to make sure she's breathing. And she is. But it's very weak; Damon better hurry.

Damon Salvatore

I'm at the Mystic Grille finishing a shot glass of liquor, when my phone rings half an hour after I feel pain. I know it's not mine. It's Elena calling me.
"Elena," I greet.
"Damon, Katherine was attacked by a werewolf. She's in bad condition," she informs me, getting right to the point. Her voice gives away determination and worry.
"I'll get the cure," I tell her.
"Thank you. Please hurry. She doesn't have much time left."
"I will," I promise, as I get to my feet and head out the door.
I then hang up.

Once outside, I check to make sure there aren't any witnesses before running at vampire speed towards home. None of us want her dead; except Klaus. But that's a different story. As I run, the pain slowly starts to fade away. That's when I realize how close she is to joining the other side. Where ever dead vampires end up at.

Once home, I race towards the cooler in the basement where I keep the blood. I open it, grab a vial of Klaus' blood, close it, and race towards the Gilbert home.

Once inside, I race upstairs and stop inside the room. Then I stride towards where she lays, as Ric leaves the room and I hear him head downstairs.

I sit at her bedside and gently lift her head, putting the vial to her lips, making the blood go down her throat.
I set it on the end table when it's half-finished and gently lay her head back down.
As I sit at her bedside, I trail gentle fingers down the side of her face. She'll be back to health soon. I got it to her in time. For that I'm very thankful.