Unexpected Human To The Rescue

Summary: Set in 6x6 "The World Has Turned and Left Me Here." Katherine arrives and saves Bonnie from Kai's arrow. What will ensue?

It was a beautiful day in a cave, as Kai pointed an arrow at Bonnie, trying to keep them from leaving without him. He had a mission to finish. Kill his sister, Joe, and the rest of his family and species.
Damon was standing beside Bonnie by the time Kai let the arrow fly and it was going to hit her in the stomach. But it didn't. A human Katherine appeared and got in the way, keeping Bonnie from getting hurt.
"Katherine?" Bonnie questioned.
"What the hell are you doing here?" Damon inquired.
"I was sent here like you two," she answered him.
Kai aimed another arrow at them.
"I'd stay here if I were you," he warned. "Unless you take me with you."
"No can do," Damon replied.
"Get lost," Katherine said, before magically throwing him against a wall, making him drop his weapon.
Katherine painfully pulled the arrow out of her stomach and let it drop to the ground. She then used her hand to apply pressure, as to try and slow the bleeding.
"Better hurry and get us out of here," she told Bonnie. "Before I die rescuing you two."
"You're not coming with us," Damon protested.
"Yes, she is. Whether we like it or not, we don't have time for this," Bonnie interjected.
"Too bad," Katherine said to him.
They grabbed the ascendant.
A moment later, they were in the real world, standing outside the Salvatore boarding house. Bonnie then left to go find Caroline, Elena, and Jeremy.
Damon and Katherine looked at one another, before Damon spoke.
"Why did you do that? You've always been selfish."
"Because I couldn't let her get hurt and I wasn't always selfish. I just turned selfish, because of everything that happened to me in the last 500 years of my life. You never heard the real story," the human replied.
"Then tell me."
"I will. Later when I'm not dying."
She unintentionally leaned against Damon. Then everything went black for her from blood loss.
Damon caught her from hitting the ground. He then gently layed her down on the ground and bit his wrist, putting it to her lips, making his blood go down her throat to heal and save his sire.
After she was healed and wasn't dying anymore, he took his wrist away, which instantly healed. He then gently pulled her into his arms and went inside the Salvatore home.

Once in his room, he gently layed his sire down on his bed and sat on her bedside, waiting for her to come to.

An hour later she came to, which strangely relieved him.
After she told him the whole story, he actually felt sorry for her. No one should have to go through all of that.
A moment later, they were kissing. It was filled with passion and love they hadn't shown one another for 145 years. And in that moment, Katherine knew that he still loved her, and he realized his love for Katherine was still there. It had just been hidden behind hate, anger, rage, vengeance, chaos, and his love for Elena. Now he knew he had to make a choice. Go back to Katherine, or stay with Elena? He loved her, but Katherine was human. If he didn't act, it could be too late to have a second chance with her if he chose Katherine. So, he made up his mind. He'd go back to Katherine until she died a human. Then he'd win Elena back, knowing she'd be angry with him for choosing his sire over the girl he promised he'd "never leave you again," three years ago. It would work, though. He knew it.

VD: DatherineOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara