Fight Song

Summary: Set in S6. What if, after he died alone and went face to face with Kai, he ended up in the same place as Katherine? What if she needed help? Will he save her life? What will happen?

Like a small boat
On the ocean
Sending big waves
Into motion
Like how a single word
Can make a heart open
I might only have one match
But I can make an explosion

It was a dark night in a basement-like room, as Damon woke up chained to a wall by his wrists. The last thing he remembered after dying and not disintegrating was being taken by someone named Kai; a witch. He looked around, only to see his sire on her side and out. He could smell blood too, which meant that she was human again. Deciding to help her, he unchained his wrists with vamp strength and blurred over to kneel by her.
He gently got her on her back, only to see that she was very much injured. She had a lower stomach wound and both sides were injured. Also, there was blood on either side of her head.
He rested gentle hands on either side of her head.
"Katherine, can you hear me? I need you to open your eyes for me. If you can hear me, open your eyes."
After a few minutes, he gently pulled her into his arms and used her jacket to tie around her lower stomach wound, trying to keep her from losing anymore blood. She had lost too much. He couldn't let her lose more if he wanted her to live.

And all those things I didn't say
Wrecking balls inside my brain
I will scream 'em loud tonight
Can you hear my voice now?
This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me
Losing friends and I'm chasing sleep
Everybody's worried about me
In too deep, say
I'm in too deep
And it's been two years
I miss my home
But there's a fire burning in my bones
I still believe
Yeah I still believe

He rested a gentle hand on the side of her face.
"I know I don't deserve for you to listen to me after what I did to you on your deathbed, but give me a chance. I want to help you, but I can't if you don't wake up for me. All I'm asking is for you to open your eyes. You don't have to do anything else."
A few minutes later, after taking his hand away, he finally saw her come to, which relieved him.
"Damon?" she questioned softly from blood loss and grogginess.
"It's okay. I'm right here," he replied gently.
When he got to his feet with her, everything began to grow blurry and she rested her head on his shoulder.
"Hey; Stay with me," he said, looking down at her.
She tried to stay awake, as she felt the wind, letting her know that he was using vamp speed to get her somewhere safe where he could save her.

Once in a room at a clinic, he gently layed her down on what looked to be an examination table, and used his jacket as a pillow for her head, before starting in on taking care of her wounds.
As she layed there, she knew he was there and felt him taking care of her, but everything seemed too far away for her.
"Katherine? Katherine," she heard him call. "Stay with me. Keep fighting."
She knew she was losing the fight though, no matter how much she tried. Then, towards the end of him taking care of her wounds, everything went black.

When he was finished and he had his jacket on and hers as a pillow for her head, he used vamp hearing to listen for breathing and a heartbeat, but when he couldn't hear anything, he began to try and bring her back.
"Come on, Katherine; Breathe. Come back to me. Breathe," he said after a few minutes of trying, as he continued to try.

This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me
A lot of fight left in me
Like a small boat
On the ocean
Sending big waves
Into motion
Like how a single word
Can make a heart open
I might only have one match
But I can make an explosion
This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me
Now I've got a lot of fight left in me

After twenty minutes, he was finally able to bring her back. He then gently pulled her into his arms and left with her to find a place they could stay at.

A few days later, after she was fully recovered, they found their way back home.