Fix You

Summary: Set in S1 and 2. A songfic based on "Fix You" by Coldplay and the pairing datherine.

*The Return*

When you try your best, but you don't succeed

When you get what you want, but not what you need

When you feel so tired but you can't sleep

Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face

When you lose something you can't replace

When you love someone, but it goes to waste

Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home

And ignite your bones

And I will try to fix you

It was a nebulous night at the Salvatore boarding house in the living room, as Damon and Katherine made out. He blurred them to a wall so she was against it, as they did. Then she tore his shirt open and he began to take her shirt off, but then he stopped.

"Time out."

She pushed him off her so now he stood in the middle of the living room.

She stood a foot away, as he said, "I just have a question. Answer it right and it's back to rockets and red glare. Answer it right and I'll forget how much I loved you. I'll for the 145 years I spent missing you. I'll forget everything and we can start over. See, that's the beauty of eternity. We have time. I just need the truth just this once."

She walked up to him so she stood just inches away from him.

"Stop. I already know the question and its answer."

He rested a gentle hand on the side of her face, as she spoke, waiting for the answer. When she answered him though, this was something he hadn't been ready for.

"The truth is...I've never loved you. It was always Stefan."

He took his hand away and she slowly walked away and out of the house.

He grabbed an empty shot glass and through it at the fireplace, making it shatter into pieces.

*"She's Not Here!"*

And high up above or down below

When you're too in love to let go

But if you never try you'll never know

Just what you're worth

Lights will guide you home

And ignite your bones

And I will try to fix you

Tears stream down your face

When you lose something you cannot replace

Tears stream down your face and I

It was a nebulous night in Mystic Falls, Virginia in the now opened tomb, as Damon Salvatore looked around at the desiccated vampires, a blood bag in hand. He thought Katherine was in the tomb, but looking around, he didn't see her in the tomb.

As he stood there, his heart broke into a million pieces.

"She's not here," he said softly.

"What?" his younger brother, Stefan, questioned him, as if he hadn't heard him.

"She's not here!" Damon yelled, and through the blood bag at the rock wall, which made it splatter and the blood landed mostly on the ground, but some of it landed on the rock wall.

*The House Guest*

I promise you I will learn from my mistakes

Tears stream down your face and I

Lights will guide you home

And ignite your bones

And I will try to fix you

It was a dismal night, as Damon layed in bed reading one of the journals.

Katherine walked over to the bed and onto it, crawling towards him until she was on top of him.

He put the book down and looked at her.

"You hurt me today. You were very mean and rough," she said.

"Just a tad," he said.

"Monstrous," she continued. "I like this Damon."

She leaned in, ready to kiss him.

He put gentle hands on either side of her face.

"Katherine, there are six other rooms in this house. Go find one."

He took his hands away and pushed her off him, making her land on the other side of the bed.

She gave a face that said she couldn't believe he'd rejected her, but she knew she shouldn't be surprised. He hated her now that she had told him that she never loved him. Truth be told though, it was always Damon.