My Knight To The Rescue

Summary: Set in S5 since she's human. After a storm hits, Kat gets injured. When Damon finds her, can he save her?

Katherine

As I lay on my back, I feel pain everywhere, vision blurry. I vaguely feel something on either side of my head, but also on my hand. I assume that it's blood, but at this point, I don't really care. All I want is to sleep, even though a part of me knows I can't. Then I vaguely hear my name.

Damon

After a recent storm brought down a few buildings, I go looking for Katherine. The storm has stopped, so this is the best time to go find her. She's out there somewhere, I don't know where, human. If she's anything like Elena when she was human, she's probably in trouble. And I may act like I could care less when we're around each other, but when she came to me several months after Elena shoved the cure down her throat, she was right. I may or may not love her, but a part of me doesn't want her to die. I don't know what I'd do if something happened to her.

After looking for her for a while, I finally smell her. Then, a few minutes later, I find her inside a building, only to see her injured. It looks like she's injured more than what I can see. There's blood on her right hand and under her arm, as well as on either side of her head. There's also debris and pieces of wood around and on her, but I can smell more blood.

"Katherine," I say, before blurring over to her, kneeling at her right side. I can see that she's starting to go under. "Stay with me, Katherine. I'm gonna get you out of here. Just hang on." I then take the pieces of wood off her, which is when I see her other injury. She has a lower stomach wound.

When I have her fully unburied, I slide an arm under her, gently pulling her close, crook of arm supporting her head, as I see her fully go under. I then put her arm around my shoulders and slide my other arm under her legs, before getting to my feet with her in my arms. I then blur to the hospital.

Katherine

When I wake up, I find myself in the hospital, the pain pretty much gone. I also see Damon seated on my bedside.

"You're awake," he comments.

"Thanks," I reply. "You saved me."

"And don't make me regret it. Now, let's get you home," he replies.

Half an hour later, we arrive at the boarding house. I then get settled in Damon's room, since he doesn't want me to be alone after I had a near death experience.

I give a smile, as I lay in bed. I was right. A part of him doesn't want me to die. He still cares.