Survivor

Summary: Set in S3. Kat comes back home to Mystic Falls after killing the hybrids Klaus sent after her. She comes back bitten and ends up in a car crash after she thinks she sees something in the road. Will someone find her and rescue her in time? Will someone be able to convince Klaus to cure Kat?

It was a dark night in Mystic Falls, Virginia as Katherine Pierce drove her SUV, her destination being the Salvatore boarding house. She had left after they had failed to kill Klaus on Homecoming night, but now she was back. She needed Klaus' blood, because one of the hybrids had bitten her before she killed the few hybrids Klaus had sent after her. She only hoped Damon, Elena, or someone else would have enough compassion for her to demand the cure from Klaus for her.

Suddenly, as her vision became even more blurry, she thought she saw something big and brown rush in front of the car, so she put on the breaks in order to not hit whatever it was. Then she lost control, as she tried to stay in the lane. The world spun for her, as the vehicle rolled, before she felt it crash into something. Then everything stopped and was silent, before everything went black for her.

Damon Salvatore was walking the streets as usual, when, not far from the Whickery bridge, he smelled blood and saw on SUV a little ways past the bridge. It was in terrible shape, as its head and tail lights blinked, crashed into a street lamp that wasn't working. It had crashed to the point that the street lamp was bent over the car, looking like it would fall on it if someone with inhuman strength pushed hard enough.

When he arrived at the driver's side and looked inside, he saw that Katherine was there. She was wounded, as she sat there, head to the left, left side of her head resting against the driver's side window, blood down either side of her head.

With some small effort, he got the door open and walked closer to see if she was hurt anywhere else. He then bent down towards her and searched her with his eyes, only to see her clothing torn in some places, symbolizing that she had been attacked by someone or something before the crash.

He snapped her seatbelt in two and got some pieces of glass from the windshield off her, before gently sliding one arm under her, another under her legs, gently picking her up in his arms, walking a distance away. He then gently layed her down on the ground and rested a gentle hand on her forehead. And when he did, she was really warm, as if she was burning up, which made him fear the worse. He then took his hand away from her forehead to rest it on her left cheek.

"If you can hear me, Katherine, it's me. Stay with me. Fight. Don't you dare die on me," he said, before gently picking her up in his arms and walking away with her, his destination being the Mikaelson house.

Niklaus Mikaelson was seated on the red couch in the living room, wine glass of red wine in hand, slowly sipping it, when he smelled their scents outside his place, before he saw them in his living room.

Klaus looked at Damon carrying on out cold, wounded Katherine in his arms, as Damon entered his living room.

"I assume this isn't a social call," Klaus said, not caring that Katerina whom had escaped him and stayed off his rather for 500 years, was dying from a hybrid bite.

"What will it take for you to cure her?" Damon questioned him.

"Why should I? She's the bane of my existence. You don't care about her, either, so why negotiate to save her life, when you'll just go back to wanting to kill her and failing to act on it?"

"Just cure her," Damon responded, not falling for any of his tricks or threats.

"Give me one good reason why I should cure her."

"Because, no matter how I feel about it, she's a part of my family and Elena's."

"Family is weakness, Damon. Just like love."

Damon glared at him.

Elijah walked in, having heard everything and knew what was going on.

"Niklaus," he warned his brother. "He has enough bravery to come here and ask you for a favor and this is how you treat him? Klaus, cure her. I won't stand by you and watch Katerina die because of your selfishness, pride, and hatred. Haven't you learned anything? Family is power; not weakness. Now cure her, or I'll cure her myself with your blood," he lectured him.

Klaus gave a low growl of disapproval, before setting his wine glass down on the end table and getting to his feet. He then headed over to them and bit his wrist, before putting it to her lips, making his blood go down her throat to cure her for Elijah.

A few minutes later, he took his wrist away and it instantly healed.

"There. Happy?"

"Thanks, Klaus," Damon said, happy that she would soon be cured, but not thankful to Klaus.

"Go before I decide to break my promise to Stefan and kill you."

"Elijah wouldn't let you," Damon said, before leaving the house.

When she came to, Kat felt like herself again and she was healed. She then saw that she was in Damon's room in his bed with him seated at her bedside, his left hand in hers.

"Welcome back, Kat," he greeted her.

"Thanks. Though, you haven't called me that for 150 years."

"Things change. Especially, when I almost lost you. You nearly died."

"Welcome to my world," she replied to him.

They gave each other a smile.