Traveler Descendant To The Rescue

Summary: Set in S7E_ at the end when Damon tells Stefan that Lily is making him leave for good. Kat shows up at the house Damon is now staying at, since Lily and her friends pretty much stole the boarding house and aren't giving it back. What will ensue between Kat and Damon?

It was a dark night in Mystic Falls, Virginia as Damon Salvatore stood by the mantle in his now house, considering his and Stefan's mother, Lily, and her friends had stolen their boarding house from them after recent events. He was having drinking from the bottle of Bourbon, because of certain events. He had already told Stefan who had just left the house about an hour ago. He was drinking his sorrows away, because Lily was angry that one of her friends had been killed and she thought that it had been Damon who had done it, so she had taken Elena and put her in the bottom of the ocean and would keep her there until Damon left town like she wanted him to. It angered him that his own mother could do that, but she wasn't a normal everyday vampire. She was both his and Stefan's mother and had the Ripper gene she had unintentionally given to Stefan a long time ago. Plus, her friends were half vampire and half very powerful witch. They were that way, because they had died as powerful witches and when they had become vampires, which was what had turned them into what they were. It made them almost impossible to get rid of. Damon had no choice now. If he didn't leave town, Lily would keep Elena in the bottom of the ocean. If he left town, she would let Elena go. He had to leave town to save Elena, or he would never be able to see her ever again.
After he figured that he had had enough, he set the closed and half empty bottle of Bourbon on the mantle, now ready to hit the road like Lily was ordering him to by threatening the love of his life's life pretty much.
He stopped at the threshold in the living room and turned around, only to see the one person he never wanted to see ever again, appear with an ascendant in hand, clearly human again.
What the hell? he thought to himself. Bonnie had said when she had died that she had been swept away by a black mass. She hadn't been able to go to the Other Side, so he assumed that he'd never see her ever again. He obviously was wrong, because here she was human and back.
After appearing somewhere where she had no clue what house it was but assuming Damon was living there, since he was standing in the threshold of the living room, she went over to the end table and set the ascendant down there, before going to slowly walk towards him. She knew something was happening, since he hadn't said a word quite yet or made a move to harm or try to harm her like usual at the sight of her. She was trying to act like she wasn't hurt at all, because she had just come from a prison world that she never wanted to go to ever again and it was best that she didn't say anything to him that would make him want to hurt her anyways, because she knew Damon as well as she knew herself.
"What's the matter? You usually have something to say to me," she greeted, as she slowly approached him.
"Long story. What the hell happened to you? I thought you were taken somewhere where I finally wouldn't have to see you ever again," he replied.
"Sorry. Your wish only came true temporarily. When I died, I was taken to a prison world. One that I don't care to rejoin anytime soon or ever again."
"Which one?" he questioned, knowing that there were two prison worlds that he knew of. The 1994 one that he and Bonnie had ended up at after they had died and the 1903 one where they had rescued their mother from a while back, against Damon's constant failed attempts to stop them from doing it by trying to convince them not to.
"1994," she answered him.
"Was Kai there?" he questioned her.
"So you know both prison worlds and Kai, huh?" she questioned back.
"Only because of recent and personal events I don't care to relive," he replied.
"Yes, he was there."
"How'd you end up here?" he inquired. "I didn't think you knew of this place."
"Yeah, well, I didn't. Maybe something just thought this was a safe place. I don't know. All I know is that I needed to get out and I did."
"I'm sorry you had to go through Kai, but you kind of deserved to die after everything you've done."
"And you don't?" she inquired back. "Just because someone deserves something doesn't mean it has to happen."
"So, what's going on with you?" he questioned, trying to ask in a not so weird way why she was human and what state she was in.
"You mean, am I dying again or am I just human? I think I'm just human, but I don't really know. I guess we'll just have to see," she replied to him.
As she got closer to him, he could tell that she had definitely been through hell with Kai. There was blood on either side of her head and she was limping a little from a dagger in her thigh and her right side was bleeding. Also, it looked like someone had stabbed her in the left shoulder and stomach. He knew she was trying to hide that she was hurt and he knew that he should've been looking at her more when she had first arrived in his living room, but she obviously couldn't hide it from him. Definitely not when he was a vampire and she was a very injured human.
He sighed. He couldn't believe that he was about to help the one person he had never wanted to see ever again, but maybe if he helped her, she could help him get Elena from Lily without him having to leave town for good or at all.
She stopped once she was in front of him, and that's when he saw how pale she was and though he wasn't a doctor and never had been, he knew it was because she had lost a lot of blood from all the wounds she had gotten from Kai in the prison world.
"Damon?" she said, as everything went black for her. And right before everything went black, she felt him catch her from hitting the floor.
As she collapsed, he used vamp agility to catch her from hitting the floor. He then gently layed her down on the floor and pulled her gently into his arms, before biting his wrist and putting it to her lips, making his blood go down her throat to heal and save her.
"This better work," he said, as he made it go down her throat. He then added, "I know we don't see eye to eye, but if you get through this, I need your help with something. Stay with me, Katherine. I need you to fight. I need your help."
After her wounds had healed, he took her to his room and gently layed her down on his bed and then sat on her bedside, looking down at her, waiting for her to come to, hoping he wouldn't have to wait too long.
He rested a gentle hand on the side of her face.
"Come on, Katherine; Wake up. I need you to open your eyes for me."

Half an hour later, she slowly came to, which strangely relieved him.
She smiled.
"So you're my saver now."
"I guess I am," he replied and then went straight to it. "We need to talk. I don't want to have to leave town because of my mother succeeding in making me leave, so I'm hoping you'll help me out since I just saved your life."
"She's alive?" she questioned, as she slowly sat up and looked at him.
"It came as a shock to me, too. I thought she had actually died but I guess our father just covered up the fact that she hadn't died of natural causes. Lily's apparently why Stefan has the Ripper gene."
"So, what does she have that's making you leave and what did you do to make her angry at you?" she questioned, knowing that he had a bad habit of making everyone around him angry enough to hurt or want to hurt him in any way, shape, and form.
"She has Elena at the bottom of the ocean, because she thinks I'm the one who killed one of her half powerful witch and half vampire friends. I've told her I didn't do it and I told her who it was, but she didn't believe me. We're all out of options to strike out at her, so I don't know how to get Elena back. Elena doesn't even know what's happening, because Kai put a spell on her. As long as Bonnie's alive, Elena won't wake up," he informed her.
"You people really know how to make the wrong people angry. Where are Lily and her friends staying at? I'm sure I can work something out. If not, I am descended from Travelers. I'm sure I can take at least one or two of them out at a time. While that happens, I know you don't like to swim, but if you love Elena enough, you'll have to get her from the ocean."
"Thank you," he replied.
She smiled.
"You're welcome. And just for you, I'll see what I can do to wake Elena up."
He gave her a smile, liking that idea.
She smiled back.

The next day, Katherine arrived inside the boarding house, uninvited. Being human, she didn't need to be invited in. Besides, she believed that though she was human, she could still take care of herself. She didn't need assistance with them. Plus, she had magic from the Travelers she was descended from for help if she needed it.
She closed the door behind herself, as she entered and arrived in the living room where Lily and her friends, as well as someone she had never seen before were at.
"Who the hell are you and how the hell did you get in here?" one of them asked, but not so nicely.
"If you're going to say that you had a shield up, I know you did. I just got rid of it." She looked at Lily. "I'm Katherine Pierce and you must be Damon and Stefan's mother. Now I know why Stefan has the Ripper gene and Damon never did. I have a few things to ask of you before I force my hand on all of you. My legend (change) may say that I act first and ask later, but that's not true."
Lily went to stand in front of her friends like she usually did.
"What is it that you want?" she questioned her.
"I'm glad you asked, Lily. I want you to give the house back to your children and whoever else that would like to join them. You've caused them enough pain and suffering. It's one thing to take their home away and another to steal away the one person that they both cherish. You take away Elena from Damon and it causes not only Damon pain, but also Stefan. He once loved Elena first. Not Damon. I would know this. I once had my share of fun pretending to be her for a time when Stefan and Elena were still together. I want you to also give Elena back to them and let Damon stay. I know he has his off days, but that's only because I made him in my own image. What I would do is what he would do. I know how to get in his head whether I'm human or a vampire or not. You're lucky about now that I'm the only one here. If Nadia was with me, we'd be causing quite the trouble for you. I may be human, but I'm also descended from Travelers. Now do as I ask, or I won't be so kind as to let you just walk out of here," she replied to her.
"This was my home too once and it still is," Lily replied. "As for Elena, I'll think about it, but I did not think that you of all people would be coming here just to help them out in all of this. So you're the one who turned them both. Thank you for that. Without you, I'd never get to see them again."
"You're welcome. I know that this was once your place once too. You are welcome to visit if you wish it, but you're not welcome to live here."
Katherine looked at the guy on the couch she had never seen before, but who had the same demeanor of Damon a little bit.
"And you are? Damon never mentioned you," she said to him.
"The name's Enzo."
"Well, I guess you're welcome here then," she replied.
Soon, Katherine's plan to get Lily to turn everything back over to them succeeded and Damon and Stefan were able to get a new deed to the house and were able to live there and everything.

The next day, Katherine walked into the living room.
"So, where are you keeping Elena at? I'm going to get to work in waking Elena up."
He turned to look at her.
"I'm glad you're living up to your word. Well, she's not in the cemetery anymore. We're keeping her in the basement with the door locked this time, in case someone decides to take her from me again before she gets a chance to wake up."
"Well, I'm glad you're learning from your mistakes. After Elena wakes up, I want you to know that you're going to get your wish. You'll never have to see me ever again, because after I wake Elena up, I'm going to New Orleans to get a second chance with Elijah if he'll have me. I'm going to stay there," she informed him, before leaving the room.

After a week of working on finding a spell to wake Elena up, it worked which brought Elena and Damon back together and Katherine said her goodbyes to everyone and headed to New Orleans.