Graduation (6th revised version)

Summary: Set after "Graduation" S4E23. Who will be the first to find Katherine human?

It was a dark night, as Elena Gilbert walked away to leave a human Katherine Pierce in the hall. Elena could care less about the one that tried to kill her for vengeance and the cure.

Damon Salvatore walked through the halls of the school in search of someone. He had the feeling you got when something was wrong. So he was looking for Bonnie to ask her what had gone wrong.

Suddenly, he stopped in one of the halls, seeing Katherine Pierce on her back.

He was instantly knelt at her side.

"Katherine?" he called.

He could hear a heartbeat, and there was blood on the right side of her head. He knew something had happened, because a mop was dismantled with blood on the tip, and a locker door was hanging off from a closed locker door.

After a few minutes, she finally came to and slowly opened her eyes.

"Damon?" she questioned, blurrily seeing him.

"What happened?" he asked her.

"I got my humanity back, but I only got it because I peeved Elena off when I tried to kill her. Bonnie didn't give me the cure, and I was mad at Elena. I took it out on her. I'm sorry."

He got to his feet and then pulled her to hers.

"Are you okay? You look like you got beaten up by Elena, and you're human now. You're not as indestructible as you used to be."

"I know, Damon. It's what I wanted. My life back that I never got to have."

Everything came flooding through, as she thought of her past. Then she suddenly felt weak.

He knew Elena was mad at Katherine, but he had to protect Katherine now, no matter what.

"Katherine," he said, as he caught her from collapsing to the floor.

She looked weak to him, which he understood. She was starting to get used to being human after 500 years.

"Let's get home," he said.

As he picked her up, she wrapped her arms weakly around his neck, rested her head on his shoulder, and closed her eyes.

"Kat, stay awake," he told her.

Once in his room, he gently layed her down in his bed. He then looked down at her.

"Are you hungry? You have to tell me what you feel, Kat."

"You want me to. Yes, I'm a little hungry. I feel weak and everything is out of focus."

"I'll get you something," he replied, before he vanished.

As thoughts overwhelmed her, silent tears came. She was human now and had to get used to it, so she couldn't hold back the tears and mental pain.

Damon came back with a mug of soup to help her. He set it on the end table and sat on her bedside, looking down at his sire.

"What's wrong?"

"My past is overwhelming. I've held it inside for so long, and now It's finally coming out."

"What is?"

"I never told you why I was running from Klaus. I'm the doppelganger and I escaped with Trevor and Elijah's help, but Klaus was one step ahead of me. I came home to my Bulgaria village and everyone was slaughtered."

She slowly sat up in bed.

He was silent, until he finally spoke.

"Have some soup. We'll talk later."

She watched, as he left the room.

Later, Damon helped her get through her grief, pain, and being human again.