Somebody Save Me

Summary: Damon gets hurt. Will he die? Will he be okay? Can someone save him in time?

It was a beautiful night, as Damon Salvatore stood in front of the bookshelf, shot glass of liquor in hand, sipping the drink.

Suddenly, he sensed the enemy. He looked to see Klaus. A very angry Klaus at that.

"What has Stefan done this time?" he questioned.

At vamp speed, Klaus grabbed his throat and slammed him against the shelf. Damon winced in pain from his hold on his throat. Niklaus then plunged a stake through the middle of his chest.

"A message to Stefan for backstabbing me."

He let go and then vanished out of the Salvatore mansion.

As Damon fell to the floor, the shot glass shattered into pieces onto the carpet.

A few minutes later, Elena Gilbert walked in. She had originally been there for a visit, but when she saw him, she ran towards him.

"Damon!"

She knelt beside him, not really knowing what the hell she was to do.

Katherine Pierce was in the woods, when she fell to the ground to her knees, feeling the pain of her childe. It was a Sire thing. Trying to block the pain, she ran towards where she figured he would be.

A few minutes later, Katherine rushed into the house at vamp speed.

"Damon," she whispered from the doorway before going towards them.

She knelt beside him and quickly pulled the stake out, tossing it to the floor a distance away.

Damon, it's me. Can you hear me?

K-Kat.

Elena and I are here. It's going to be okay. You'll be alright.

How do you know?

Because you're still alive.

She came out of his head and looked at Elena, who looked back at her.

Together, they got him on his bed upstairs.

"I better go," she told the human. "He wouldn't be happy to see me."

"Thank you," Elena told her.

"Just doing my job," she answered. "Saving the ones I care about."

Katherine left the house.

Elena sat at his bedside, hand in hand with him.

An hour later, she was relieved when he woke up. So everybody lived happily ever after.