Graduation (7th revised version)

Summary: Set in S4E23 "Graduation" finale. Kat arrives at the boarding house human and hurt. Will Elena help her?

It was a dark night in Mystic Falls, Virginia as Elena Gilbert walked into the boarding house, having almost been killed by Katherine Pierce.

"Damon?" she called.

She listened and heard nothing. That's when she became worried. Damon wasn't home and Silas was out there somewhere. She forced herself to be calm, though. He probably went to the Mystic Grille.

Meanwhile, Kat was walking, limping, heading for the Salvatore boarding house. She was wounded, weak, and unfocused. She knew she needed help, which was why she was going to the boarding house. She was wounded badly, because she had been attacked by a werewolf. She was luckily able to get away, but she needed help soon.

Elena was seated on the couch in the living room, as she looked at the fire in the fireplace. She was awaiting Damon's arrival, but then smelled blood and the scent of human. So, she got to her feet and turned around, only to see a wounded, human Katherine Pierce on the floor on her back. She would've loved to just let her die, but Katherine was human now. She needed help and she knew if Damon was home, he would help her now that she was human. She also knew that Katherine was human and Elena's Petrova bloodline. As much as she would've loved to cut her out of her family tree, she couldn't undo the past to do so. Katherine would always be a part of her family, as much as she hated her guts at times. Other times, she was grateful. Katherine had helped her at times when Elena was still a human, and when Klaus was still in Mystic Falls and after Elena for her doppelganger blood.

Elena knelt beside her and smelled the familiar scent of werewolf on her. That meant that she had been attacked by one. It had torn into her lower stomach, bitten her left leg, and bitten her right leg. She heard the slowing of her heart and saw that she was very pale. That meant that she was dying. She pulled her gently into her arms, positioning her head gently back, and bit her wrist, putting it to her lips, making her blood go down her throat to heal her and stop her from dying.

When the human awoke, she was on the couch on her back. She knew she wasn't dying anymore, which meant that she had been fed some vampire blood. She was healed. She saw Elena by the fireplace and knew it must have been her that had saved her life.

She slowly sat up.

"Who would've guessed you'd save my life someday," Katherine commented.

Elena went to stand by her by the couch.

"Don't get used to it. I didn't do it for you."

"Thanks."

"You're welcome. Now what the hell are you doing here?"

"I came here for help. Not just help with getting my life saved. I'm human, which means I need protection. If Klaus finds out that I'm human, he'll come back and use my blood for his hybrids. I was his doppelganger the first time around. Now I'm his doppelganger again. Where's Damon at? He should know this, too."

"I don't know where he is. He's probably at the Mystic Grille. I've been waiting for him to return. What makes you think we might protect you after everything you've done to everyone?" the new vampiress replied.

"Because we're family," Katherine simply said.

So, later, they agreed to protect her and help her, and everybody lived as happily ever after as they could. After all, Stefan had left and Silas still had to be dealt with.